Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

polkablues

I love all the little "talking directly to the audience" lines they like to slip in there...

"You need to stop thinking about how ridiculous it is, and start thinking about whether you believe it will work!"
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

First of all, if I realized that moving to California means I have to wait 3 extra hours for this shit, maybe I would have stayed in Miami!!!!

This was boring for the most part but some good things happened in between. Like I always said, a bad hour of Lost is still better than most shows on TV. They are definitely bridging the many gaps we have in the story very efficiently.

And they still manage to smoothly raise new questions. Who beat the shit out of Ben and why? Did he go after Penny? Who was the woman with Sayid? Why were they there, and what the fuck happened with Aaron? Interesting that Sun is not with them when they find Jin. I'm sure their reunion will take much longer and be very dramatic.

I also didn't like the scene with Ms. Hawking explaining everything and everyone being so quiet. Even Desmond didn't say enough. Weren't they curious to ask more questions?

abuck1220

not a very well written episode. obviously something's fishy with sayid, hurley and kate, so their bizarre behavior will probably be explained. but jack acted completely out of character. "where's aaron?" "don't ask me that?" "ok." wtf? and he doesn't even say anything to ben about his, you know, bloody, beat up face? and the white haired lady is awful...her speech at the beginning was bad.

i liked the story in the episode, i just think it was written poorly.

©brad

Again, the whole jin thing is confusing the heck outta me. So if he was part of the Dharma Initiative, and was on the island during the 1960s, then that would mean he eventually leaves the island, meets/marries Sun, and then winds up crashing back onto it in 2003/season 1?

Fernando

Quote from: ©brad on February 19, 2009, 09:54:22 AM
So if he was part of the Dharma Initiative, and was on the island during the 1960s, then that would mean he eventually leaves the island, meets/marries Sun, and then winds up crashing back onto it in 2003/season 1?

I don't think so, all that happened before he started time traveling, and how old would he be at the time he meets her?

Question is, will the time travel stop because Locke moved the island???  :ponder:

And this ep. wasn't bad at all, it moved at a faster pace i think, also it wrapped up pretty fast the how did they go to the island, on the other hand it left a shit load of questions unasked which I always like.

modage

i thought the time travel stopped last week when they stuck that wheel?  i assumed it was jin from present day and everyone on the island is in the 60s.

and why did they let this guy on the plane since hurley bought up all the other seats?

other than he's a new character they're introducing.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

yeah Jin is not in the Dharma dummies !

also, LOL@the ''dont ask questions about Aaron'' thing

Kal

Yeah thats a new character for sure, but it was weird because Hurley did buy all the seats, but there were still lots of people seating in the back, in a different section of the plane. It was very confusing. The more I think of the episode and how bizarre the writing was and everyones behavior the more I think these Lost writers are geniuses. I mean, there has to be an explanation for everything down the line so I wonder what the fuck.

About Jin, I think the flashes did not stop, and considering the Oceanic passengers are the only ones affected, as soon as they were about to crash there was a flash and the Oceanic Six time-traveled into where they showed up when we saw them. The plane and other passengers are nowhere in sight cause they are back in 2007 or whatever year it was, while the Oceanic Six are in 1950 as well as Jin. That does not explain why Sun and Sayid were not there, but maybe they just landed in a different spot or something and they have yet to reunite.

My other guess is that if the flashes did stop, maybe they stopped when they were back in the 50's so everyone got stuck there. That is why they are all living there and working for Dharma. If that is the case, then its been 3 years since Jack & the others left, so Jin's expression makes sense cause he is very surprised to see them after so long.

bonanzataz

Quote from: modage on February 19, 2009, 10:46:46 AM
i thought the time travel stopped last week when they stuck that wheel?  i assumed it was jin from present day and everyone on the island is in the 60s.

and why did they let this guy on the plane since hurley bought up all the other seats?

other than he's a new character they're introducing.

it was funny b/c when he came on-screen i was like "oh shit, this guy's back?" and my friend is like, "what the fuck are you talking about?" and i'm like, wasn't he a torturer with sayid? i then realized that he's the dude from three kings. he was a torturer and his character's name (and name in real life, actually) is saïd. whoops.

sometimes i read the shit you guys are saying and i don't know how you think that. you really think jin works for dharma for 40+ years, doesn't age, doesn't die when ben kills all of the dharma initiative, gets off the island, marries sun pretending that NOTHING'S happened, gets BACK on the plane to crash on the island to do it all over again? REALLY? come on cbrad, use your head. that's almost worse than the purgatory theory.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pas

Yeah there was still a lot of people on that plane. Guess they'll have to die. Another proof of WEAK writing:

Jack : What will happen to the rest of the people on the plane ???  :shock:
Ben : Who cares ?
Jack : ***starts thinking about pudding***

diggler

i like the notion that the oceanic 6 were reunited with the other survivors wherever they were in time. the rest of the survivors and the plane crashed in the future somewhere, some of which were the ones in the raft shooting and chasing after sawyer and co. 

didn't like the episode that much at first, but upon second viewing i love the mysteriousness of it all.  suddenly kate wants to go, as well as sun. aaron and ji yeon are nowhere to be found, ben's beat up, hurleys out of prison (and how is he able to afford to buy all those tickets? i thought he gave up the money?) and sayid is in handcuffs. 

they managed to take everything i hated about the oceanic 6 storyline and make it interesting again.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

©brad

Quote from: bonanzataz on February 19, 2009, 12:07:18 PMsometimes i read the shit you guys are saying and i don't know how you think that. you really think jin works for dharma for 40+ years, doesn't age, doesn't die when ben kills all of the dharma initiative, gets off the island, marries sun pretending that NOTHING'S happened, gets BACK on the plane to crash on the island to do it all over again? REALLY? come on cbrad, use your head. that's almost worse than the purgatory theory.

Kiss my black ass. I never claimed I was particularly bright, especially when it comes to Lost. And I wasn't suggesting it was some grand theory, it was just a question I had.

bonanzataz

Quote from: ©brad on February 19, 2009, 04:34:07 PM
Quote from: bonanzataz on February 19, 2009, 12:07:18 PMsometimes i read the shit you guys are saying and i don't know how you think that. you really think jin works for dharma for 40+ years, doesn't age, doesn't die when ben kills all of the dharma initiative, gets off the island, marries sun pretending that NOTHING'S happened, gets BACK on the plane to crash on the island to do it all over again? REALLY? come on cbrad, use your head. that's almost worse than the purgatory theory.

Kiss my black ass. I never claimed I was particularly bright, especially when it comes to Lost. And I wasn't suggesting it was some grand theory, it was just a question I had.

ask away, just never become a writer for lost, plz, thx.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Stefen

haha. lost discussion. serious bidness.

I just got season one. I'm going to watch it over the weekend.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

I miss you, Charlotte!  :yabbse-cry:

Quote from: polkablues on February 17, 2009, 06:48:02 PM
MacGuffin is my constant.

Sadly, I can't depend on you when you leave so unexpectedly. Thus, Fernando is mine.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks