Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

bonanzataz

i rewatched last week's episode. it was pretty badass. i gotta remember to never again watch lost when i'm super tired and deep in production of my own shit.

i was pretty happy with last week's episode. i love jack episodes and i love episodes where kate is flipping out and crying, so this fit the bill. they're both just very good looking, it's nice to watch.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Chest Rockwell

I thought the flash-forward was rushed as well...but we also have no clue about how much timeactually passed. Other than that, all good stuff. All the Jack-Kate stuff made me wanna fucking weep, so good! I wonder how Jack's dad is really involved in all this. Jack's possible hallucinations are one thing, but appearing in Jacob's house (very) briefly, then appearing to Claire? I'm beginning to think there's actually something here, not just hallucinations.

Sleepless

Hurley scene was nice and creepy. They're obviously building towards the Claire-Erin-Jack dynamic towards the end of the season. Jack is so boring, just kill him off already. Also, give Jin more screen time!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

SiliasRuby

This did feel rushed but I really can't blame them. They said that they needed to compact some story lines because of the writer's strike. Hurley Was AMAZING!!!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ElPandaRoyal

Yeah, it was kind of rushed, but the show now has a different rythm and we have to keep up with it, I guess. Also, after last week's all hell breaking loose, I was expecting a calmer episode. Lost kicks ass!
Si

JG

classic storytelling, real epic stuff. ever since the brig this show has been as good as its ever been and there's no reason to think it won't continue with the first part of the finale next week.

so much to talk about!

MacGuffin

'Lost' adds hours
ABC extends final two seasons
Source: Hollywood Reporter

ABC has found more hours for the final two seasons of "Lost."

The 2009 and 2010 editions of the hit drama will be 17 hours each -- not 16 as previously planned.

ABC has added two hours to the show's production plan because the WGA strike knocked three hours out of the current season. To partly compensate, the network recently added an additional hour to Part 2 of the season finale that airs May 29.

All told, the changes will wrap up the show with the same number of episodes that producers and ABC negotiated last year.

"We were supposed to do 16-16-16," "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof said. "But we ended up doing 14 this season, so we owe two."

Lindelof, however, ruled out the show extending beyond the remaining 34-episode order.

"(Executive producer) Carlton Cuse and I worked so hard to get the show to end that I think to suddenly say, 'Oh, I think we got another season in us' would be a betrayal to everybody involved in the show -- but most of all the audience," he said. "It's better to retire your number at the top of your game."

For the upcoming season finale, Lindelof promised a more action-driven cliffhanger instead of the mind-bending flash-forward time shift that stunned fans last season.

"The finale this year will not be as tricky as last year," he said. "Hopefully, this year it's a little bit more of a straightforward action-adventure narrative. But the ending of the episode will hopefully engage and intrigue people looking forward to the next season of the show."

Lindelof declined to say whether the flash forwards will continue, but did leave open the possibility of the show's main story line on the island catching up with the flash forwards that have taken place on the mainland this season.

"It's very exciting that the audience is going to be wondering when is the present going to be (next season)," he said. "We've moved backward in time, now we've moved forward in time. The present of the show has always been on the island -- that may not necessarily be the case in the future."

When it comes time to air the series finale in 2010, Lindelof said he and Cuse plan to "go into hiding for many, many months" at an "undisclosed location."

"David Chase set a great example when he went off to Paris after 'The Sopranos' ending, which is great because all these people are going to be asking, 'What does it mean? What is it?' " he said. "The fact that there's no one really around to answer that question, it forces people to come up with what they think it means. We can guarantee our show will not end with a cut to black, it will be more clear than that. But whenever anything you love ends ... there's a certain disappointment."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pumba

"destiny is a fickle bitch!" :bravo:

SiliasRuby

Quote from: shnorff on May 09, 2008, 10:37:47 AM
"destiny is a fickle bitch!" :bravo:
One of my fav. lines of last nights episode. I really can't wait till next week. Also, the looks on Claire and Christian faces with John is fantastic.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Kal

Another mind-blowing episode... this has been an incredible season and the 3 hour finale will probably be better.

This episode had so much of everything and it made me think so much how this season changed the show in so many ways. I mean, look back at season 1, or even all the way up to season 3. The story was so straightforward (even with all the mysteries). Now there is so much going on, so many questions but also so many important secondary characters that pop up and fuck with your head. Thats a sign of disaster for most shows, so it's amazing how great this is and it keeps getting better!

Chest Rockwell

What the fuck is going on with Christian? Does this mean that Claire's dead?

Fernando

:shock: Not a single comment?

Anyway, how crazy that yesterday I was talking to mog and we discussed if Jack from the future (we have to go back!) knew at that time about Claire and how he found out and damn I didn't expect to have an answer this soon.

Pretty solid episode although they covered too much ground, and with it they left again many questions unanswered.

I wonder why Oceanic transported the O6 in that aircraft, for their safety? I don't even think they were wearing a belt but am not sure.

modage

this episode was just putting all the pieces on the board for what is sure to be a mindblowing final 2 hours.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Quote from: modage on May 16, 2008, 09:58:28 AM
this episode was just putting all the pieces on the board for what is sure to be a mindblowing final 2 hours.

Yeah. That boat full of red shirts and Sun and Jin and Aaron had me fucking nervous. I've always thought that Jin's grave was just a ploy, but damn if they aren't leading me on otherwise.
WWPTAD?

©brad

the flash-forwards really felt like the present, and all the island stuff felt like flashbacks.