Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

edison

Quote from: ddiggler on February 01, 2008, 05:42:58 PM
i always assumed it was claire and aaron who were part of the six, i swore i saw an image of them being lifted off in a helicopter (or did i dream that?)

Desmond said that he had a vision of Claire and Aaron getting into a helicopter.

SiliasRuby

Okay, I was sooo happy to see Lance Reddick AKA Cedric Daniels in the premiere. I smiled wide when I saw him. So impressed with the new episode and if Jacob can turn into dead people, why would he appear to Hurley as Jack's dad?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

Quote from: polkablues on February 01, 2008, 02:38:58 PM
This is probably just a minor little easter egg, but I'm pretty sure the guy with the video camera right next to where Hurley crashed the car was the same guy who was Hurley's old boss at the fried chicken place and Locke's boss at the box factory.  I could be wrong; he was only on screen for a moment, but I felt pretty sure at the time.

yes, it was him:

http://cache.lostpedia.com/images/1/10/RandyFFfilm.jpg

Quote from: ddiggler on February 01, 2008, 05:42:58 PM
i always assumed it was claire and aaron who were part of the six, i swore i saw an image of them being lifted off in a helicopter (or did i dream that?)

i still like the link between jacob and the smoke monster, as if jacob can manifest himself as the dead (jack's dad, eko's brother, maybe walt?) but perhaps that's too supernatural. i want to believe that there's a rational explanation for everything, and that all of the wild theories can be put to rest somehow.

when matthew abbadon leaves after hurley calls for a nurse, he exits the door and a trail of black smoke exists behind him. so matthew could've been the smoke monster for all i know.

SiliasRuby

LOST IS AWESOME! I WANT MORE OF IT. I'M DRUNK. CHEESEBURGERS AND VODKA DON'T MIX EXTRE,MMLY WELL.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

modage

Quote from: SiliasRuby on February 01, 2008, 12:26:30 AM
Still waiting for what mod is thinking.
saw Joanna Newsom with the Brooklyn Orchestra on Thursday so i didn't have a chance to watch it until this morning.

i'm SO glad to have LOST back, it terrifies me to think we're already 1/8th of the way through the season.  (next week we'll be 1/4th!)  if the writers strike were solved this week, how long would it be before we saw a new episode?  6 months?  9?  a year?  will they roll the other 8 into the 2 remaining 16 season to make them each 20.  will we get another mini-pod of 8 before the other 2 16's resume?  how are they going to do this!

if there is anything LOST excells at it's season premieres and finales, and while it's probably not quite as strong as some previous premieres i loved it anyway.  i probably spent half the show in tears (charlie!!!!!)  the beginning of the episode felt like there were a lot of dramatic strands to pickup midstream but it was thrilling to see everyone again.  the flash-forwards are an incredible device to enliven the show and the oceanic 6 is a great hook (save the cheerleader, save the world!)  something about seeing everyone AFTER they get off the island, seeing that its not a happy ending (though it may only be the middle!), its incredibly depressing (in the best way).  hurley commenting on jacks beard looking weird is a funny way to address the beards phoniness.  i can't BELIEVE jack tried to shoot locke.   :shock:  i thought the episode would include more jeremy davies since it was in all the promos but its probably better they didn't rush that stuff.  can't wait for next week.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

noyes

the fact that abc.com has all three seasons up for viewing is beyond awesome
i stopped watching at the beginning of season 3 (don't ask) and had forgotten most of season 2
and my cousin had just recently gotten me back into the show in time for the 4th season premiere.
watching the episodes online for free (despite the minor commercial interruptions) is a perfect way to breed more fans.
there's no excuse to not get into the show.

that said, the end of season 3 blew my mind. and Jacob.. wow.
i have high hopes for the last three seasons.
i'm back on, and staying on this time.
south america's my name.

cinemanarchist

Theory....
Sawyer is the one in the coffin. It seems entirely too obvious that the "he's waiting for me" would be Sawyer and it's obviously sort of a big deal who that person is. At some pont in the future Sawyer will do something selfish that will cause Kate and the other survivors to hate him, hence Kate's refusal to go to the funeral. I think Kate's love interest in the future is someone we haven't met yet.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

ponceludon

Quote from: cinemanarchist on February 03, 2008, 10:52:26 PM
Theory....
Sawyer is the one in the coffin. It seems entirely too obvious that the "he's waiting for me" would be Sawyer and it's obviously sort of a big deal who that person is. At some pont in the future Sawyer will do something selfish that will cause Kate and the other survivors to hate him, hence Kate's refusal to go to the funeral. I think Kate's love interest in the future is someone we haven't met yet.

OR the person waiting for her is her SON.

pumba

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: ponceludon on February 04, 2008, 12:16:52 AM
Theory....

I also think that.

Anyway, I wasn't completely blown away by the premiere, but it could have been because I couldn't see the episode from start to finish (downloaded a bad file that stopped about midway through the episode and had to download another and watch from there). That said, I soooo hooked on Lost that even that can't disappoint me. Season 3 took it to a whole new level, and I'm loving being a Lost lover.

I also have the problem of having watched everything on DVD/internet, so I hope it doesn't ruin it for me having to wait a week for every new episode. I can't wait for the next...
Si

edison

Theory....

OR the person waiting for her is someone else's SON

Kal

I just saw this last night because I was super busy the past few days, and fuck I cannot wait until Thursday. After waiting so many long months I did not get enough LOST for the first episode...

The only thing it disappointed me was the very beginning, as we saw the flash forward but it did not seem as unique as the other beginnings of seasons that really made you feel 'lost' (hatch and desmond, and then the others village with plane crashing down).

Anyways I'm very excited about the episode and Jacob, and Locke and the fact that Hugo was the star in many ways. The Oceanic 6 was an awesome way to give something away, create another question mark, and its also a cool name and it will generate soo much buzz.

CANT FUCKING WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY!

Chest Rockwell

Theory....

I think I thought about that at one point but then forgot. In any case it's a good theory. Probably true. I guess I can see the man in the coffin being Sawyer, but after spending the last few seasons building up a likable Sawyer I don't think it'll end with him being an asshole.

noyes

'So It Begins' just blew my mind..
south america's my name.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on February 05, 2008, 03:35:58 PM
Theory....

I think I thought about that at one point but then forgot. In any case it's a good theory. Probably true. I guess I can see the man in the coffin being Sawyer, but after spending the last few seasons building up a likable Sawyer I don't think it'll end with him being an asshole.

Perhaps he won't actually be an asshole but just end up misunderstood. One of those selfless acts that he can't explain to the others. I think them "building a likable Sawyer" is all the more reason that they will kill him. Also...review of new episode is up at IGN...looks like we might find out at least one or two things but nothing huge.
My assholeness knows no bounds.