Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Kal

If you all read the Ausiello Report from last week and this week you will see it was planned. Both of them. And Epsiodes are written way before they are shot, and way before the DUIs happened. The Ausiello Report has a very good interview with Lindelof and Cuse about both deaths.

www.tvguide.com

Kal

Just finished reading the book. It was funny because there is a character named Cindy who is a flight attendant, and I was reading the book on the plane and the flight attendant was named Cindy. Anyhow, the book is very good. There are many LOST references and connections, but nothing major and I didnt find any "clues" or anything. Its a good way to market and sell the book, but Im not sure if its meant to do anything else.

I recommend it just as a good book... and for us Lost fans and people interested in the biz in general, its cool to see the many products and ideas that can come out of one clever and successful thing such as Lost.

RegularKarate

You should change your name to "Sucka"

Ultrahip

Then we could say "Duck, You Sucka"

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: kal on May 13, 2006, 09:07:40 PM
Just finished reading the book. It was funny because there is a character named Cindy who is a flight attendant, and I was reading the book on the plane and the flight attendant was named Cindy. Anyhow, the book is very good. There are many LOST references and connections, but nothing major and I didnt find any "clues" or anything. Its a good way to market and sell the book, but Im not sure if its meant to do anything else.

I recommend it just as a good book... and for us Lost fans and people interested in the biz in general, its cool to see the many products and ideas that can come out of one clever and successful thing such as Lost.

I thought I read somewhere or heard on one of the various audio/video clips that have been planted on the internets that the Cindy in the book is based on the "real" Cindy on the show, that she is his girlfriend. 

MacGuffin

'Lost' fans won't find reruns
ABC's prime-time president mollifies the hit show's audience by banning repeats. Twelve new series are due.
Source: Los Angeles Times

NEW YORK — Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and his name is Steve McPherson. The ABC president of prime-time entertainment bestowed a generous gift upon the legions of "Lost" fans Tuesday morning in Manhattan, promising: No More Repeats.

"Lost," whose unpredictable schedule of reruns throughout the season annoyed fans so much that the website IsLostARepeat.com was launched to keep track, will return in the fall with seven original episodes, and then go on hiatus until January or February, when it will return to the schedule with straight original episodes until May, McPherson said at a news conference at the annual television "upfronts," at which the networks' fall lineups are announced for advertisers.

The exec had something in his bag for "Grey's Anatomy" fans as well, announcing that Dr. McDreamy and company are moving to Thursday nights next fall.

It was a lot to take in, and that does not even count all the new characters in the 12 new shows that will grace the ABC schedule next year. Which is why "Grey's Anatomy" is being moved, so ABC can use it to launch "Six Degrees," a new drama by J.J. Abrams ("Lost," "Mission: Impossible III") and his company, Bad Robot, about six New Yorkers who go about their lives without realizing the effect they will have on one another.

"If anybody has seen ["Grey's"] lately, and if you saw it last night, there's certainly not a better show on television," McPherson said. "There may be a show as good, but I congratulate whoever's show that is.... The two-hour block of 'Grey's' and 'Six Degrees' for us is incredibly strong ... and with the comedies leading into it, it really establishes another place on the schedule for us."

When it comes to "Lost," it's all about the fans. "Lost" will stay in its current Wednesday time slot and run for seven episodes in the fall. Then ABC will launch "Day Break," starring Taye Diggs as a detective who literally lives the same day over and over — and it's a bad one — for 13 weeks.

"We really listened to the fans," McPherson said. " 'Lost' is a show people really love. They make an appointment for. They absolutely just get furious when it's in repeat."

The show's executive producers, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, said on Tuesday that they loved the new schedule and would design the third season around the new air order.

"Now when 'Lost' is on, it's on," Cuse wrote in an e-mail. "And the audience doesn't have to wait all the way until the spring for the show to return, which given the cliffhanger nature of our finale would be too long. We're incredibly excited about it. It allows us to really keep the momentum of our particular type of storytelling."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

^ awesome.

"they're not who they say they are.  they're pretending"

i CANNOT wait for next week. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

Of course for the first time in a long while I'm not gonna be home next Wednesday...it won't be the same on VHS! 

I completely forgot what Walt looked like.  I could've sworn he looked way different.   

modage

he looked way younger.  next season (if he makes it) he'll probably have a beard like michael.

Kal

he looked different yeap...

I calso cant wait... and I'm going to be on a plane all night Wednesday... which means I will have to download it the following day... it sucks!

grand theft sparrow

2 hours after the show aired and not one person here mentioned the fact that TWO Magnolia cast members were on tonight's show?   :saywhat:

polkablues

Quote from: hacksparrow on May 17, 2006, 11:06:21 PM
2 hours after the show aired and not one person here mentioned the fact that TWO Magnolia cast members were on tonight's show?   :saywhat:

April Grace even came across as a weird alternate-reality version of her Magnolia character.  "I'd like to ask you some questions..."
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on May 17, 2006, 09:09:18 PM
"they're not who they say they are.  they're pretending"

i CANNOT wait for next week.

But that's not anything new. We already knew that when Kate found the beard in the locker and Mr. Friendly, sans beard, was in Claire's flashbacks in the medical hatch.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks