Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

Pas

Quote from: Gamblour. on May 14, 2009, 01:20:14 PM
Quote from: ddiggler on May 14, 2009, 01:03:17 PM
oh... and FUCK that rose and bernard bullshit.

What?

Fuck that Rose and Bernard bullshit. Thanks Diggler I totally forgot about that point

''Please tell us where they went or we're all gonna die
-Then we're gonna die, at least we are gonna be together
-CUT THE HIPPY SHIT GRANDPA AND TELL US WHERE THEY GONE''

also : ''are you sure you don't want a cup of tea'' since when is Bernard the fucking Dalai Lama. also they're hiding for 3 years when Sawyer has been sending people looking for them ? The ''hostiles'' have not bothered them the slightest ? Yeah right, I guess they also have Predator-like skills. Absolute bullshit indeed.

MacGuffin

Richard's answer to Ilana's question ("What lies in the shadow of the statue?") was in Latin, He said, "Ille qui nos omnis servabit." Translation: "He who will save us all."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Fuck everyone who can watch an episode like that and immediately start nitpicking. I'm as cynical as the next guy, but seriously.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cinemanarchist

Quote from: polkablues on May 14, 2009, 08:28:30 PM
Fuck everyone who can watch an episode like that and immediately start nitpicking. I'm as cynical as the next guy, but seriously.

Agreed. I will say that the first five minutes was the best part of the episode. I loved that such a quiet moment (the two of them on the beach) could be one of the biggest "holy fucks" of the series.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

picolas

(it's been a day since i watched it and i watched it twice. cool?)

it took me a while to grasp just how little information we'd been given. i thought for the most part this was a pretty well-executed episode, it's just kind of a letdown how we have no idea what the setup of season 6 could be aside from "they're coming." and some kind of potential reversal (the black on white titles).

jacob strikes me as a really good/well-intentioned mysterious guy.. maybe the best mysterious guy we've ever come across. at the very least, from what we know, better than the other guy/maybe locke II.. speaking of locke II, that's one thing you can speculate about. is this 100% another guy using locke's body or is this somehow time-travel-related? or has locke always been like this? what. up? either way i'm pretty sure killing jacob was a bad idea. OR WAS IT?

i really liked that odd moment after jack drags sayid to the van and smiles, then gets in and switches back into emergency mode. like, hah! we're really good at this!

the jack/kate justification was indeed weak. not just because you can easily say "lots of innocent people have died and our lives have been messed up." but also because of what sawyer said.. it doesn't make sense. bad writing.

and yes. i have never liked rose and bernard, and while i still liked the IDEA of 'retirement', that reaction was utter dishonest writing and made me want to punch bernard in the face.

despite all this and the clunkier episodes i still contend that every season is better than the last. overall season 5 is not the strongest, but it's still the best because it's doing things that are just IMPOSSIBLE in any other medium/show/even other seasons of lost. this is truly special television. ever since the season 4 finale i have accepted that no finale will ever be as amazing as season 3. you just can't destroy anyone's mind in the same show like that again. OR CAN YOU? LOST.

JG

i thought it was excellent! that first scene alone is lost at its best.

Pas

No it's not about being cynical or whatever, it's about expecting more. This is Lost. Let's take for example Prison Break; I watch that show and I would never complain for bad writing or let downs because it's fucking Prison Break it's a shitty show. Lost is something more, and if it wants to stay something more, it must hold a higher standard of quality and writing.

do you agree or no ?

Pozer

oh all right, here're my lil theories..

#1 Richard is the Black Rock captain and/or crew member. Jacob was waiting for him on the beach before giving him his gift of immortality. explains his pirate eyeliner?

#2 when Juliette was hitting the nuke with the rock down in the pit, the white flash eventually came about. i think the flash was actually due to someone turning the wheel (or did something) which sent them back...to the future. those jumps had white flashes every time. that way no one had to die, past wasn't altered etc. i think they're going to end up in present time on the island. back... where they started.

Quote from: Pas Rap on May 14, 2009, 10:47:26 PM
do you agree or no ?

picolas

i've heard that as we go along, everything is supposed to be more and more a reflection of season 1. so somehow bringing them back full circle makes sense thematically. if this show ends up being a loop of some kind... brilliant marketing.

JG

pozer, i pretty much agree with you, with a few minor quibbles.

i don't think jacob was necessarily waiting for richard. i think richard emerged as the leader of that group (much like how whidmore, ben, locke etc. have led their respected groups), and, by performing certain duties for jacob/the island, earned his immortality and/or agelessness. i think something similar will happen to the actual (currently dead) john locke. i also think that walt will be involved in this eternal struggle for the true leader, though, hopefully, without having to say much.

also, i don't think that the wheel turned or anything. i think they successfully caused "the incident," thus fulfilling their duty to the island, and now they flash to present day, where they will have more duties to perform.. "they're coming." i do think juliet is dead, however.

polkablues

Quote from: Pas Rap on May 14, 2009, 10:47:26 PM

No it's not about being cynical or whatever, it's about expecting more. This is Lost. Let's take for example Prison Break; I watch that show and I would never complain for bad writing or let downs because it's fucking Prison Break it's a shitty show. Lost is something more, and if it wants to stay something more, it must hold a higher standard of quality and writing.

do you agree or no ?

I know what you mean.  I'm just taking this show way too personally now.  For whatever reason, it gets under my skin when all I see after watching an episode that moved me and blew me away like that one did is people picking at the tiniest little scabs.  I'm over it now; I had made the mistake of coming here and posting immediately after having watched the episode, and it was all a little too fresh in my mind still.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pumba

The last season will all be in the snow. Hence the black LOST on white. Quote me.

picolas

Quote from: JG on May 15, 2009, 07:46:04 PMi also think that walt will be involved in this eternal struggle for the true leader, though, hopefully, without having to say much.
yeah. i was rewatching the end of season 3 again and when he popped up much older than before, armed with all the knowledge of seasons 4 and 5 i immediately thought "time travel." of course it's a slight stretch because he's not as old as he was the last time we saw him, but really this was the best they could do given how people age and stuff... so in season 6 walt comes back, gets filled in, and travels back to revive locke after being shot.. or maybe he/his body is just being manipulated by the evil guy again. i do like this idea that locke becomes like alpert, however that works. because then he could be time traveling, hence 2 lockes. just like when he saw himself come out of the jungle and told alpert to give him the instructions.

Gamblour.

My friends and I are going to be rewatching all five seasons soon.
WWPTAD?

picolas

i've been rewatching season 3 from the start. it's AMAZING how long ago it seems/how little we and the characters knew. sawyer's first moment with juliet is pretty funny in retrospect. she tazes him. i feel like graysmith right now.. if i can just put all the information in one place maybe it'll jog something loose.