Sideways

Started by MacGuffin, August 14, 2004, 12:12:03 PM

SiliasRuby

She's Back!!!! If Only for a short time.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Ravi

I'm really surprised to see Sideways still playing in a quite a few theaters in Dallas, TX, considering I saw it on Thanksgiving.  I'm glad people are seeing this.

Kal

It actually EXPANDED again this weekend like 400 theatres. With the Golden Globes and now the obvious Oscar nominations the movie will be around for a while... at least until end of Feb :)

Finn

Yes, it actually came to my town finally. I actually had to drive to see it in New Orleans early but I got to see it again when it came here.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

nineteenseventyseven

So...Paul Giamatti was not nominated for an Oscar in 2005...
I waste time.

cine

HE WASN'T!?!  WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS OUT?!

MacGuffin

He also wasn't nominated in 2004.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

foray

I just saw this last night. It's a very, very sexy film.
touch me i'm sick

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: cinephileHE WASN'T!?!  WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS OUT?!
like holy shit dumass its totally all ova the imdb bords!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Quote from: Walrus the Pretentious
OMG THANK YOU

tpfkabi

yeah, it finally came around here, too.
i guess one of the reasons i haven't been to excited to see it is because i don't think there's anyone under their late 30's in the film. i didn't know if i could relate to any of the characters.

but then again, i liked About Schmidt, so.............
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pozer

Quote from: Walrus the Pretentious
like omagosh dork face its totally totally sarcasim!

Dtm115300

I finally got to see it last night. I thought it was great. Leaving the theater i remeber not enjoying the ending, but this morning it hit me that it was a perfact ending. I think a few scenes could have been shorter though; all around it was a great movie. Lots of laughs, lots of fun. Well written as well as directed.

Myxo

Quote from: Dtm115300I finally got to see it last night. I thought it was great. Leaving the theater i remeber not enjoying the ending, but this morning it hit me that it was a perfact ending. I think a few scenes could have been shorter though; all around it was a great movie. Lots of laughs, lots of fun. Well written as well as directed.

It's all about the tow truck driver..

:lol:

ono

Quote from: dvdanswers.comTitle: Sideways
Starring: Paul Giamatti
Released: 5th April 2005
SRP: $27.95

Further Details
Early details have begun to emerge on the region one release of Sideways which stars the likes of Paul Giamatti, Thomas Haden Church, Virginia Madsen, Sandra Oh and Marylouise Burke. The disc will be available to own from the 5th April this year, and should set you back around $27.95. I'm afraid Fox has yet to reveal the full disc specs for this one, although we can confirm that the disc is all set to carry an anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 track, an audio commentary with Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church, some 'hilarious deleted scenes' and much more. We'll bring you further details, just as soon as we get them. Stay tuned. Our thanks to Greg Madsen for alerting us to this information.
Bleh.  Oh well, shoulda known Criterion wouldn't have had a chance at this one.