what should I see tomorrow?

Started by ©brad, April 04, 2003, 01:22:41 PM

©brad

heading to scotland tomorrow, but have the afternoon to kill in liverpool so going to catch a movie for the first time in a while. the movie selection SUCKS though- check this out-

A Man Apart
Blue Crush
Cradle 2 Da Grave
Just Married
Maid in Manhattan
National Security
Puckoon
The Core
The Life of David Gale
The Recruit
The Ring

only one I've seen on this list is the ring. I really have no interest in any of them, but really just want to go to the movies. As of now I'm leaning towards the recruit- it isn't that bad, is it?

Jeremy Blackman

Stay home and watch a good DVD, or go to The Core to mock its bad science and strange logic.

cine

Yeah I would've said "The Recruit" as well. Even if you don't like it, you can at least sit and reflect on the acting of Pacino and Farrell.

Raikus

Out of that selection? Go see a play.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Gold Trumpet

Blue Crush! Blue Crush! Its really a surprising and entertaining movie. Even Martin Scorsese singled it out when he was asked what movies from the fall of 2002 he really liked. He said it was "a very interesting film". It feels like a genre film, but with an added dose of humanity to it. Actually, seeing it on the big screen is preferrable because the power of the waves during the surf scenes is unbelievable.

~rougerum

Sigur Rós

©brad

Quote from: cbrad4dAs of now I'm leaning towards the recruit- it isn't that bad, is it?

you know a movie sucks when the opening credits give shit away. You know a movie really sucks when you've figured out what's going to happen in the first 15 minutes and to alleviate boredom decide to make up better endings in your head as the film goes along.

How does Hollywood come up with this shit? How can you advertise a movie based on the fact that it has a "twist ending?" That's pretty stupid. These trick endings are becoming so predictable and cliche that if Hollywood really wanted to surprise us they would just play it straight. "Nothing is what it seems." please. Pacino seemed embarassingly bored in this role. I thought he was drunk during that last speech. Bridget Moynahan is hot.

Well peeps, I'm outta here for a few weeks, for those of you's who care. should make GT really happy.Going on a long tour of Europe- Amsterdam, Germany, Italy: Venice-Florence-Rome, Austria, Switzerland, then ending in Paris. Should be dope. Would be nice to check in here every now and then but don't think it will happen, gonna try to stay as far away from a computer as possible, have too much drinking to do. take care ladies and germs, hope u newbies get a little cooler by the time I get back.

-cbrad the great