NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

polkablues

Quote from: overmeunderyou on January 13, 2007, 05:13:10 PM
By the way, didn't you recently get the Wii?

I did.  I seem to have no restraint whatsoever (not much money anymore, either).
My house, my rules, my coffee

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: polkablues on January 13, 2007, 03:46:16 AM
Quote from: Chest Rockwell on January 13, 2007, 03:10:55 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure about your predictions. It will take a while for Sony to drop the price. They're already losing $200-$300 per machine.

Yeah, but the cost of the components (especially the laser diodes that read the Blu-Ray discs) is going to drop significantly over the next couple of years, as more are manufactured and the processes of manufacturing them improve, and if Sony can lower the price without increasing that loss per machine ratio, they will.  That's an acceptable loss to them, because the real money's in the software and the HDTVs they sell after they sell the Playstation.  Mark my words: two years from this date, the Playstation 3 will cost at least one hundred dollars less than it does today.
Fair enough, but I guarantee Microsoft will have an answer for that (I'm actually seeing Microsoft drop first and then Sony be forced into a drop to maintain any sort of competition). I don't like the Xbox, but I feel fairly certain the 360 will win this generation by a long shot. I also think Nintendo will do amazingly well, if not with the Wii than with the DS at the very least.

Kal

I had no doubt about SONY's success over its rivals with the PS2 vs. XBOX vs. GameCube. However, I'm not so sure anymore. I dont know if its because the 360 and the Wii are much cooler than their predecessors, or if I just dont give a shit anymore about these things like I used to.

Point is, I bought the 360 a couple of months ago. I love it, but I'm not hooked or crazy about it like I would have been before. I also got the Wii, and its a lot of fun. I only play Wii Sports though and with friends, as its not fun to play alone (except maybe for the Golf game). And most recently I tried the PS3. I had to buy one for a friend in Mexico and send it over. I tested it at home, and its cool... but blah.

The Blu-Ray/HD thing pisses me off and makes me dont want to buy either one. And the consoles may have so much better graphics and stuff, but the games are the same fucking thing all over again. And not only they re-sell the same fucking game with better graphics, but they sell them at an absurd $60+ price. I think that is the only thing that made a difference to me with the Wii. At least you play a simple game like Wii Sports, but in a way you never played it before.

Ok... sorry I dont know what is the point of my post. Cya later.

RegularKarate

I really want a Wii.  I gave my wife plenty of warning that I really wanted one for the birthday and she would have to work at getting me one and she just recently told me that she tried to just walk into Target and get me one and "they were out". 

I doubt I'll get mine by my birthday (next Wednesday), but "soon" would be great (without having to buy some crazy big bundle).

Anyone (in the states... I hear there are plenty in Canada) have any tips as to how to go about getting one without spending unnecessary amounts of money...

ono

Find out when a local chain gets a shipment and then expect to camp out for hours early in the morning.  This was the case with a Super Target here, they got a shipment on a Sunday morning -- my brother tried to get one that way, but there were only like 15 and he was 35th or so.  Ultimately, he was able to get one through a drawing on Amazon, but that requires a lot more luck.  Three of us entered so he could have a chance, and my mom won it so that's how he got his.

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate on January 14, 2007, 08:47:15 PM
Anyone (in the states... I hear there are plenty in Canada) have any tips as to how to go about getting one without spending unnecessary amounts of money...

Just periodically check ebay... sort your search results by how soon the auction is closing, find one that's got only a few minutes left and is still down at a reasonable price and put your bid on it.  The market on ebay is so far removed from what it was back before Christmas (and even back then I got my Wii for less than fifty dollars over retail price).

The PS3 I just bought, I found an auction that had three minutes before it closed, had a minimum bid of 600, and had no bids yet.  So I put in my bid, waited a couple of minutes, and there you have it.  It actually turned out to be even cheaper than if I had bought it in the store, since I'm paying 20 bucks for shipping as opposed to the $50 or so of Washington State sales tax that I would have paid otherwise.  Just make sure to check out the seller's rating and make sure he's legit.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkablues on January 14, 2007, 09:27:31 PM
Just periodically check ebay...  paying 20 bucks for shipping as opposed to the $50 or so of Washington State sales tax that I would have paid otherwise.  Just make sure to check out the seller's rating and make sure he's legit.

I hadn't really thought about the tax thing... good point.  I might just give that a shot... I just hate Ebay.. there's more fraud than you would believe there (I work in fraud protection).

Quote from: onomabracadabra on January 14, 2007, 09:13:31 PM
Find out when a local chain gets a shipment and then expect to camp out for hours early in the morning. 

Obviously, I considered this.  Finding out is hard though... you have to have an inside and since my friends are mostly thirty plus, I don't know many people working retail any more and it's not like they can just tell you if you call and ask.

Gold Trumpet

Forget trying to ask any local chain store. When PS3 immediately sold out at my local Wal Mart, they were flooded with requests when they'd be geting more. Their best estimate was "around Christmas". Then our store didn't get any til after Christmas anyways. That's it. I think all chain stores really have no clue when they get machines.

I only know this because I do work at a Wal Mart. Yea, it's a sad existence.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

atticus jones

in that case, the top three next replies...

1) great because i need blow job

2) then lets list the members I have worked recently...modidge, sophisticate, etc

3) looking for xixax member to cum ohfer and survice mi bulls...no knowledge of film required butt musty be goot wif hands on tasks...healthy benefits package offured

off topic...did i lose sumtheng n here?...a "youre a loser" thread purrhaps...whu kilt my reesurch nqueery?

i b z mad hatter of idle chattre...reesture mi tytle now son
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Pubrick

Quote from: atticus jones on January 15, 2007, 03:05:45 AM
off topic...did i lose sumtheng n here?...a "youre a loser" thread purrhaps...whu kilt my reesurch nqueery?
ironic huh.;
under the paving stones.

Kal

EB Games at the mall surprisingly had PS3 and Wii this weekend. I think the GameStop close to my office did too. You have to check in those small ones. I was able to get the PS3 on eBay for $635, which is not bad considering that it would be $600 + TAX in the store. Same price!

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

Quote from: Raikus on January 16, 2007, 10:09:47 AM
I did something really dumb.

I bought WoW: Burning Crusade.

i was friends with a dude who dropped out of uni for that shit.
under the paving stones.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Pubrick on January 16, 2007, 10:11:38 AM
Quote from: Raikus on January 16, 2007, 10:09:47 AM
I did something really dumb.

I bought WoW: Burning Crusade.

i was friends with a dude who dropped out of uni for that shit.

Those are the kinds of stories that make you feel a whole lot better about your life.
(If you're leading such a miserable life to begin with)