The Mandalorian

Started by Alethia, August 24, 2019, 11:10:32 PM

Alethia

"Bounty hunting is a complicated profession. Don't you agree?" Herzog.  :shock:  :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:

This looks maybe kind of awesome???

Alethia

Werner Herzog says Parsec!

Is that...Bill Burr?

Honestly far more excited for this than Rise of Skywalker.

Alethia

Guess it's gonna be a solo eward party up in here!!!!

Drenk

It's a Jon Favreau TV Show, eward.
Ascension.

Alethia

All about Herzog here for me.

Alethia

Bored, being held at work against my will though we wrapped an hour ago, so I've begun dreaming up Star Wars-infused Herzog properties.

Where the Green Droids Dream
Antilles: the Wrath of God
X-Wings of Hope
Even Droids Started Small
The Great Ecstasy of the Nerfherder Steiner
Grizzly Han
Fitzcarralderaan
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call Tatooine
How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chewbacca
Fata Organa
Starzek

yes I'm alone

jenkins

it's better you know now rather than later that it's a nine episode series and he's in one episode for a small role

Alethia

My excitement remains intact.

jenkins

it's exactly because of your excitement i thought you should know

Alethia

samsong

this show fucking blows.  i'm only still watching purely for the trainwreck effect, and to see how the fuck bill burr is going to fit into this dumpster fire.

nick.  nolte.

Drenk

I'm very happy at myself for not checking something that I would hate. I've seen thousand of Baby Yoda gifs, people have just accepted to play the game.
Ascension.

wilberfan

Three episodes in.  Surprised that Rick Dalton doesn't have a cameo in this--given the Bounty Hunter/Western thing going on.  Every episode so far is very heavy on production design/action and VERY light on plot.  Cool seeing Werner, and extremely grateful there are no bare feet yet. 

Oh, and does Baby Yoda wear diapers? Or does The Force take care of all of that somehow?

jenkins

if like me you haven't watched the show but wanted to know what's going on with baby Yoda: it's not even Yoda, just in the same species. it can't later be revealed to be Yoda because of the timeline

here he is in action, this show is cringe

Jeremy Blackman

I know a lot of people here hate Star Wars, but this show has its high points. I very much enjoyed the first 3 episodes. The fourth one is awful, though.