Licorice Pizza - SPOILERS!

Started by wilberfan, November 05, 2021, 08:30:50 PM

wilberfan

I just noticed the "score" on the pinball machine that is the soundtrack cover.   And one ball has already been played (hence the score, I guess)...

PaulElroy35

The soundtrack has some absolute bangers on.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Yes on November 09, 2021, 03:03:02 PM
Quote from: wrongright on November 09, 2021, 02:52:41 PM
Chuck Berry?  :yabbse-lipsrsealed:

And "Stumblin In'" came out in 1979 in the U.S. I know he's not the biggest stickler in terms of that (Vitamin C and the Neil Young tracks all came out in '72 instead of '70) but that's a pretty big gap. Unless the film flashes forward.

lol

Have you ever complimented the film? Just once? Is there a single thing you DON'T have an issue with?

Jesus. At this point, I think you're going to even complain about the font of the end credits.

Hey! Typography complaints are my territory! :yabbse-grin:
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Yes

Lots of Bees

Almost completely sure Harpoon is Josh Safdie now.

https://twitter.com/SamHarpoon/status/1458304771996012547

This tweet mentions Mendabi which is said to be a huge influence on Uncut Gems.

jtm

So it's out there. People have seen it...

And no ones giving up any info!

I can respect that, I guess.... But give us something!

Runtime?
Is John C in it?
Does it end raining cats and dogs?,
Give us something!...

Rooty Poots

Quote from: jtm on November 10, 2021, 01:07:30 AM
So it's out there. People have seen it...

And no ones giving up any info!

I can respect that, I guess.... But give us something!

Runtime?
Is John C in it?
Does it end raining cats and dogs?,
Give us something!...

John C. Reilly's in it, yes. He plays Fred Gwynne, the actor who played Herman Munster.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

jviness02

Here's a question someone might be able to answer that isn't that big of a deal:

Was that actually Spike Jonze in the trailer talking to Benny Safdie?

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jviness02

Alethia

I'm convinced

Spoiler: ShowHide
Ben Stiller is indeed in it.

The voice. Unmistakable.

wilberfan

During my rewatch today I specifically thought to myself in that scene:  "That voice sounds nothing like Stiller to me...."

Follow-up comment:  Do we need to mark stuff "SPOILER" in a thread that's already marked "SPOILER"?

Jeremy Blackman

I would say try to use spoiler tags for big spoilers until the movie is properly out. Then it's all fair game.

At the same time, everyone should consider this thread a serious hazard for spoilers.

wilberfan

WorldForgot

I don't think Sam Harpoon is played by either of the rumored fellas, but who knows. SH doesn't look like Safdie and it doesn't sound like Stiller, imo.

i can hear you breathing

Not just a love story, not just an ambition tale, when Gary or Alana approaches they advance. And others trespass too, but more often on Alana than Gary. If the Japanese jokes are to be understood the context makes it quite clear what the film displays against where the character sits. If you cannot abide trespasses, then do not enter. Because all of these characters are splintered .

Our entanglements will undo us. I liked the short shrift of the Wachs plotline for coloring parallel thematic tracks in terms of unspoken betrayals and the impositions on another side of the glass.

But Gary and Alana aren't where that plot is, they're nigh near honeymoon. Their dance you cannot disbelieve. If the audiences judge it it reflects back on what they know to be real. Yes this feels real, in the matter that we toy with others. But did we feel like toys ourselves when we did? There's neat constellations of performance and adopting roles throughout.

The men in this film orbit Alana Kane, but they might not be planets to her sun.
Which one's the one that doesn't crater? Dang did I fear that the film would sour and that impact would happen at the end of any setpiece.
Nah, what it is iz that Gary and Alana ache for that gravity and our supporting cast can all feel it.

A competitive paramour, with wax on top.