Has anyone been able to find PTA's cameo in Minority Report?

Started by BrainSushi, April 05, 2003, 12:16:38 PM

TheVoiceOfNick

Yeah, i'd like to see the evidence of head... hrm... that doesn't sound right.

Nick

wilberfan

At the risk of awakening the sleeping dog (and incurring the wrath thereof),

Quote...the most mystifying cameo in my mind will always be Paul Thomas Anderson's dodgy appearance in "Minority Report" as a pedestrian on a crowded subway platform. It might be the movie I've watched the most in my life, yet I still can't find him. Cameron Crowe and Cameron Diaz have much more noticeable cameos in the film (they'd just filmed "Vanilla Sky" with Cruise who'd recently made "Magnolia" with Anderson), but Spielberg says PTA is in there, so the hunt continues.

I'm surprised this hasn't been resolved all these years later.  Unless the good authority was right and it was, in fact, cut out.

Source

Something Spanish

now you've done it dude, how dare you reawaken the traumatic failure of xixax's inability to spot paul in minority report, we were almost fully healed, on the mend, and now you go crashing the house down all over again. members toiled day and night on a tightly scheduled, calibrated rotation going through the film frame by frame only to come up empty handed, no paul, zero, zilch. the endeavor resulted in significant member drop offs, ending marriages, friendships, i believe one xixaxer immolated himself during a manic bout of unaccomplished guilt. it was a very dark time, and now those wounds have resurfaced, just as some semblance of normalcy began taking root.

just kidding. he's probably there, but it's like the back of his head or something. 

wilberfan

Yeah, if Team Xixax couldn't find him--he's undoubtedly unfindable... 

Rooty Poots

Watching with headphones, I swear I hear his voice though.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco