Boogie Nights in Omaha

Started by 82, April 29, 2004, 11:56:32 AM

This week the local arthouse "Dundee Theatre" is playing Boogie Nights for their midnight shows on Friday and Saturday (4/30, 5/1)

So if you want to see a fake phallus on a 40 foot screen, make the trip to Omaha.

Dundee Theatre
4952 Dodge Street
Omaha , NE 68132
(402) 551-3595

"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

coffeebeetle

God, does that place bring back memories.  First year of college and I was there every fucking weekend.  I had no life.  I saw Life is Beautiful and Celebrity, just to name a few.  

Thanks for the memories, 82.

By the way, is that retro 50s diner still up the street?
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Quote from: coffeebeetleBy the way, is that retro 50s diner still up the street?

Fenwick's.. and no.. It went out of business about 4 years ago.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

NEON MERCURY

isn't that cool........i bet you guys would never know this sacred connection, regarding an alamo-esque omaha theater,  that you share with out al gores's fantastic invention.......the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

cine

Quote from: coffeebeetleAre you being cheeky?
Hm, maybe you haven't met Neon....

Quote from: NEON MERCURYisn't that cool........i bet you guys would never know this sacred connection, regarding an alamo-esque omaha theater,  that you share with out al gores's fantastic invention.......the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually.... the dundee doesn't have a basement.

coffeebeetle

Heh, how about that.  

The things you learn....