Iron Man

Started by Banky, January 05, 2004, 09:28:57 PM

ponceludon

If he turns his head to profile, it's the Transformers poster.

MacGuffin

International Trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

i miss gwyneth.

is that allowed?
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

last days of gerry the elephant

No complaints about the suit.

pete

so he must be flying in the movie, despite the report, if it was in two trailers right?
right?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

B.C. Long

Despite all the awful musical choices, This looks freakin' AWESOME. I have high hopes. This is going to be FUN.

©brad

agreed. hahah i liked the music.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Now that's a DVD cover. The second one in particular rips off Star Wars.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

brockly

this isn't very good but it's not often i get to see a movie early so i feel i should say something...

minor spoils

iron man is a boring superhero by default because of what drives his incentive. The character is missing that evocative mental conflict that sets good superheros (hulk/batman/spidey) apart from the rest. he's just some rich, naive genius who's motivations come after being held captive in a bunker in afghanistan and discovering that his company has been selling weapons to the "enemy" under his nose. so he builds a motherfukin badass suit and starts stirring things up (fuck yea!). basically though stark IS robert downey jr. and that's the only memorable thing about him.

oh and the movie thinks it's clever by hinting at cliches that it doesnt conforms to - the end being the best and only memorable moment. most of the time though it's annoying and becomes predictable.

ive waisted enough time writing about this. it's decent entertainment. it's better than transformers at least.

cinemanarchist

Sure as of right now it's the best reviewed superhero movie of all time over at RT but there is still one film critic who has not weighed in and his is the only opinion that matters to me...what say you, Tony Stark?
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Sleepless

Wanna get drunk and see it this weekend so we can judge it ourselves?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.