Banky

Writing credits  
Michael France   story
Mark Frost   screenplay
Jack Kirby   comic book & characters
Stan Lee   comic book & characters

Plot Summary for
Fantastic Four (2004)    

When an experimental space voyage goes awry, four people are changed by cosmic rays. Reed Richards, inventor and leader of the group gains the ability to stretch his body, and takes the name, Mr. Fantastic. His girlfriend, Sue Storm, gains the ability to turn invisible and create force fields, calling herself the Invisible Woman. Her younger brother Johnny Storm gains the ability to control fire, including covering his own body with flame, becoming the Human Torch. Pilot Ben Grimm is turned into a super-strong rock creature calling himself Thing. Together, they use their unique powers to explore the strange aspects of the world, and to foil the evil plans of Doctor Doom.

Ghostboy

That low-res scan gives me a headache, as does the 'cool' font for the title. They need to use the old school font.

Anyway, a Mark Frost screenplay is exciting. I hope they get a good director (I was looking forward to seeing Peyton Reed do it, but oh well) and don't try to ignore the wonderful goofiness of the characters. And John C. Reilly should play Ben Grimm!

Kal

never really liked that cartoon... and they havent showed it in years so kids wont even care about this or know what the hell it is...

Ghostboy

It was a comic book.

And a cartoon, but the cartoon was negligible. It was the first major Marvel comic back in 1963.

RegularKarate

I remember that a Fantastic Four movie was made a while ago and it was so bad that James Cameron bought the rights just so it wouldn't be released (for awhile, he was gonna do FF, but that was back when he was still kind of cool).  Has anyone seen this?

Pwaybloe

Quote from: RegularKarateI remember that a Fantastic Four movie was made a while ago and it was so bad that James Cameron bought the rights just so it wouldn't be released (for awhile, he was gonna do FF, but that was back when he was still kind of cool).  Has anyone seen this?

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.  I've never seen it, but I found some info here

Really, really looking forward to the new one.  But, you gotta admit the 1992 version looks hilarious.

Sleuth

Mr. Fantastic is going to be really stupid looking, I've already said this.
I like to hug dogs

Pwaybloe

Quote from: SlobhMr. Fantastic is going to be really stupid looking, I've already said this.

If the writer and director have a sense of humor, it won't be.  If they take a serious tone with the movie, yeah, the whole movie will be fucking stupid.  

Creating "Hulk" with a serious tone was the right way to go, but it won't be with this movie.  The characters just seem to have great personalities, so it would be pointless to dumb them down for dramatic purposes only.  

As a matter of fact, I would have loved to be on the writing team with this movie, even though I'm not a comic book fan.  This one could be great.

nix

I have seen the 1992 Fantastic Four Movie. Roger Corman produced it. I've never laughed so hard in my life.

The human torch discovers his powers like this:

He sneezes, catching some grass (or something) on fire.

The last shot of the film is Mr Fantastic sticking a stretched arm out of the sun roof of a limo and waving goodbye to everyone as he and Invisible Woman ride away on their honeymoon. It's the greatest thing I've ever seen.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Ghostboy

Quote from: Pawbloe
Quote from: SlobhMr. Fantastic is going to be really stupid looking, I've already said this.

If the writer and director have a sense of humor, it won't be.  

That's why I thought Peyton Reed would have been a good choice.

The Corman version is available on ebay. I've been meaning to buy it forever. I remember back when I was eleven or twelve, they had a big breaking story about it in Wizard magazine, with photos of all the main characters and much hoopla about the special effects and the '1 million dollar budget.'

Fun fact: the guy who played Reed Richards in that movie was the guy who played Henry Jones, Sr. in the opening of The Last Crusade.

modage

Fantastic Four Moved to 2005, Hulk 2 Gets Writer
Source: Marvel Enterprises Tuesday, November 18, 2003

In today's Marvel Analyst Day Webcast, Marvel Studios' Avi Arad announced that the Fantastic Four movie at 20th Century Fox has been moved to the summer of 2005. Marvel and Fox were previously targeting a December, 2004 release date. Marvel also expects the toy line for Fantastic Four to be as big as Spider-Man, with many licensees already very interested in the property.

Arad also said a new writer for The Hulk 2 has just been hired. A TV show based on The Hulk movie may also be coming in the future.

Avi Arad added that X-Men 3 will be coming in 2006.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: themodernage02Arad also said a new writer for The Hulk 2 has just been hired.

Who wants to put money down that Ang Lee doesn't get the directing job again?

Ghostboy

Making a sequel to The Hulk is sort of like making a sequel to Godzilla. They'll talk about it for a long time, but I bet it won't ever happen.

Pubrick

if it does happen, don't expect ang or the main actors to return.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

..::hums the theme music to small wonder::

..this is gonna be not a really good film..
please stop mkng film sbased on comic books .....
i feel like i'm trapped in a comic book convention..
where's kevin smith.

NEON MERCURY's tip for today:

for aspiring filmakers..if you want to make a film w/ a comic/fantasy vibe to it..Please make a film based on the semi-geeked out magic the gathering card game..you could do it so easily and yet ..employ some "artistic" sense in it also..for example..all you need is a fairly sizable amount of magic cards..Then for the entire film hold a card in front of the camera and do voice o-overs (in a warlock/wizard/gnome sounding tone.)just flash random cards in front of the camera and improvise the story.....and as for a score just crank up a jethro tull cd and zigg out to the flute solos....