Jonze Horror Film

Started by Banky, October 03, 2003, 01:39:29 PM

Banky

A Jonze horror film?! Oct. 3, 2003
Source: Hollywood Reporter  by: Mike Sampson

After BEING JOHN MALKOVICH I couldn't wait to hear what director Spike Jonze had up his sleeve next. After ADAPTATION, I really couldn't wait to see what was next. There have been a lot of opportunities in between ADAPTATION's release and now - including MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA and THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY - but nothing formal. Until now. And how's this for really cool news: Spike will reteam with frequent collaborator, writer Charlie Kaufman to begin work on an untitled horror film! A Spike Jonze/Charlie Kaufman horror film....my God can you imagine what a head trip that'll be? Kaufman is apparently already at work on the script and Columbia Pictures is negotiating with the pair to bring the project to their studio (which released ADAPTATION). Jonze and Kaufman would serve as producers on the film. Absolutely no word yet on what the film might revolve around but I think I like it that way. Tell me nothing about this film and show it to me with no expectations about what I might see. What great news. I was worried Jonze would direct something like GEISHA, which could be an artistic stretch for the guy, wouldn't be anything too interesting for the rest of us. But THIS....this is interesting. Verrrry interesting...

oakmanc234

COOL. Kaufman's comedies are fucked (for lack of better words) so imagine how demented his horror flick is gonna be! And Jonze back with him? Hell yeah. Jonze is like the seal of quality.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Just Withnail

This is bound to end up mighty fucking interesting.