IDENTITY

Started by Banky, April 28, 2003, 09:27:55 PM

modage

Here's a breakdown of what's to come on the disc:
IDENTITY DVD
- Exclusive Branched Version of Film with Alternative Ending and Additional scene
- Director's Commentary
- Deleted Scenes with Director's Commentary
- Storyboard Comparisons
- STARZ Special: On the Set of Identity
- Anamorphic Widescreen and Full Screen
- Subtitles: English, French
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Surround Sound
- Filmographies
- Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selections
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

There should be a version that allows you to digitally insert a different kid in there.

"Star Wars: Episode One" should have had one, too.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

SPOILERS!!!!

I absolutely hated the movie til the end.  Once they did the whole "Oh no!  Ancient indian burial ground! OoOOoOOo!" But then you find out it was an experiement to kill the personalities.  I really liked how it took me like that.  There "twist" was utterly predictable that the child was homicidal because...I mean come on, he was never in the rooms when they died, and no one saw them die.  It was practically bold faced.  But still a great movie.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

Pretty good movie ! Just rented it. I liked the scene where Jack Busey escapes the motel runs, finds a building, look in the window and bang! there's the motel. Really nice fast way to tell this is not normal. Thankfully the person with who I watched had seen it and made me skip the intro, which I watched after and found to be really spoiling.

All in all a good movie, not perfect though.

Weak2ndAct

Argh.  Finally got around to seeing this on dvd.  I thankfully did not have the movie spoiled for me going in... but I knew everything w/in 2 minutes.  I wish Pruitt Taylor Vince would have been hidden till waaaay later (like making us think that Busey was the prisoner on the way to the hearing would have been nice) and WHY WHY WHY is every death a car accident or someone being found dead?  There's nothing scary about opening a door and finding some goof w/ his throat slit.  Whoopee.  And don't get me started on Indian burial grounds.

MAJOR SPOILERS...

But the major problem I have w/ the movie is that essentially we end up having to *care* for imaginary characters?  I hate a 'big lie' movie so much.  I got the same feeling when I read David Benioff's spec script "Stay," not the exact same thing-- but a major bullshit 'surprise' ending that negates everything.

Sleuth

It was all right

The trailer and commercials completely gave it away...

Not to mention several people ruining it for me
I like to hug dogs

ProgWRX

i finally saw it and was really dissapointed...

why would you write in a twist that basically disconnects the audience from your characters and makes the audience stop caring what happens next? I didnt pay too much attention to the intro (being warned) so i was watching the rest with a clean slate, so when the first twist happens, i just felt like everything i had just "gone thru" was bullshit, and i just stopped caring what happened, seriously. Were we supposed to shift our curiosity from knowing what the heck is happening (creepy seemingly impossible murders, bodies dissappearing, etc) to just rooting for this crazy psycho killer not to get executed?  :roll:

Dont get me started on the second twist, that just felt COMEDIC.

I havent been so dissapointed in a movie since Full Frontal
:cry:
-Carlos

Gamblour.

Spoilers, duh.

I finally saw this piece. Pretty stupid little movie. I agree with the idea that it forces you to like fake characters, I completely lost interest with the movie (moreso) when you find out they're just personalities. And the little kid, so stupid, I almost laughed. This movie reminded me so much of "The 3". The beginning didn't ruin it for me, actually, due to my inability to listen to people without seeing their mouths, or maybe I have a short attention span ("That dog has a puffy tail!"). But I did figure out every single thing that would happen before it happened, long before (except Busey with a bat down his throat, pretty funny). The kid's father was terribly miscast, because he can't act. Peet was decent, Cusack wasn't very strong as the detective type. There was no real thrill to it, not very engaging.

And finally, I think it's funny that it has a pro-death penalty message. Like, even if we think crazy people are cured, they really aren't and are totally responsible for their actions and should've been fried in the first place. Heh.

Does anyone know what's added to the extended edition?
WWPTAD?

ProgWRX

the movie was going fine and (to me) started getting really intersting when the bodies started dissapearing... then it just went to shit.
-Carlos

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The extended stuff isn't very great, the alternate ending is just spliced footage of the killer into the ending and it's rather a disappointment.

I however, enjoyed the film.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye