Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

wilberfan

Alethia

In bright neon lights with like purple outline?

It could cut glass, yunno, like razor sharp.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Alethia

This is the logo I want them to remember us by.

wilberfan

Dammit, I want to give that a quick +1 because it made me laugh.  The price of progress, I guess.   Tell your grandkids about when we used to be able to do that until the late aughts. 

Robyn

Jeremy Blackman

Good idea. Done!

Spoiler: ShowHide
This is a spoiler!

Alternative Label: ShowHide
This is a spoiler!

Look for the "Sp" icon when composing a post. Or use this code:

[spoiler]This is a spoiler![/spoiler]

[spoiler=Alternative Label]This is a spoiler![/spoiler]

polkablues

Robyn

Neat.

Honest opinion: ShowHide
Disappointed that I couldn't put a spoiler tag in my spoiler tag. I wanted to make a spoilception joke and then leave for good out of embarrassment

wilder

Is there any way to go back to the alternating post colors (white/grey)? I'm finding it harder to distinguish messages by different members than before, but maybe this is an MP not a YP. 

polkablues

I totally agree. I can't seem to find a setting to make it do that, but maybe JB will have better luck.

Jeremy Blackman

Done. I added an alternate background color for both Sunrise & Midnight modes. You might have to hard refresh to update.

Current alternate colors are:

#F2F3F4 (Sunrise)
#1B2631 (Midnight)

I think these look good, but we could change them. Might be worth trying a lighter grey. (And probably a darker blue for midnight.)

Polka, if you want to mess with it, it's the new code at the very bottom of sunrise.css and midnight.css. From what I could tell, it's not preview-able. Had to save and refresh a page to see.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on January 19, 2019, 10:52:49 AM
I think these look good, but we could change them. Might be worth trying a lighter grey. (And probably a darker blue for midnight.)

Tweaked them both a little bit. You were right about the darker blue for the dark theme, and I gave the grey a little bit of a blue tint on the light theme to help differentiate it from the grey of the site background.

Sleepless

I got an error message a couple of hours ago saying the site had maxed out its bandwidth. Just an FYI. All seems fine again now obvs.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.