Four movies you’re pretty sure you like more than anyone else

Started by Jeremy Blackman, September 17, 2020, 01:12:10 PM

Jeremy Blackman

This has become a big thing on Twitter, so might as well make a good old-fashioned forum thread for it.

Feel free to either post titles or posters/images.

Here's mine:

Dogville
Elephant
Titus
Palindromes

Dogville is debatable—not strictly underappreciated, but I feel somewhat insane for believing it's so obviously one of the greatest films ever made when it's rarely if ever discussed in those terms.

Alethia

Totally agree about Dogville!

Mine:
Renaldo & Clara (1978)
Eat the Document (1972)
Don't Come Knocking (2005)
Tempest (1982)

Axolotl

The Return (2003)
The Wonders (2014)
Blind (2014)
Mafioso (1962)

Bonus:
Zardoz (1974)

I feel like there are a lot of diehard zardoz fans now, didn't seem like there were when I first watched it.

jenkins

from the past year or so of viewing:

The Red Dwarf—i think the synopsis explains everything

QuoteLucien is a dwarf, who works hard in a large legal office. His only friend is trapeze circus artist Isis. One day he gets the attention of singer Paola Bendoni and falls in love with her.

Goodbye Solo—i consider it the best movie that came out of early 21st century american independent cinema. Ramin Bahrani's early movies are more like neorealism than mumblecore, and they're the kind of movies that feel made of flesh. and skin is a living organism the end. also, Goodbye Solo understands wanting to die as well as cronenberg's crash

The Decline of Western Civilization Part III—filters willful self-destructive behavior to its essence imo. a flight from life portrayed as an act of exhilaration

Keisuke Kinoshita—took me forever to find his name again so he's severely underrated no further questions

PinkTeeth

New Name, Same Typos.

polkablues

I liked the Thing rema-quel just fine, but it's basically just The Thing (1982) with Mary Elizabeth Winstead deepfaked onto Kurt Russell.

Anyway, my list will be incredibly predictable for anyone who's known me long enough, because I won't shut the fuck up about these movies:

Triangle
Waking the Dead
Martyrs
Premium Rush
My house, my rules, my coffee

PinkTeeth

Mars Attacks!
Love Liza
The Thing (2011)
Bringing Out the Dead
Lost In London

I'm tempted to add Forest Gump, but that topic has probably been chewed to death.
New Name, Same Typos.