Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jenkins

does the trailer tend to come before a festival appearance or after? I think before, right? there will be the trailer and that will reveal answers. and people will see it and talk about it and you'll hear certain things while the whole time in your head you know it's a PTA movie so you're going to learn about it the most when you see it. that's the future

PaulElroy35

Quote from: jenkins on May 24, 2021, 06:24:39 PM
does the trailer tend to come before a festival appearance or after? I think before, right? there will be the trailer and that will reveal answers. and people will see it and talk about it and you'll hear certain things while the whole time in your head you know it's a PTA movie so you're going to learn about it the most when you see it. that's the future

Not sure if its before or after. Though it probably wont be at a festival untill september time.

Yes

Trailer probably not until July at earliest/August/September with the November release date. If it's going to Venice like expected, that takes place Sept 1-11. Telluride is also a possibility and that's Sept 2-6. TIFF is Sept 9-18. NYFF is Sept 24-Oct 10. We'll probably have trailer by NYFF at latest.

Next MGM release is Respect in August so a teaser attached to that sounds about right

wilberfan

(I'm harboring a secret fantasy that they'll run a SB trailer at the Aero next month during one of the 70mm PTA screenings.)

jenkins

god I'd feel sympathetic if you have to first witness it at the aero but also you could count that

Yes

I just hope they let him drop a teaser out of nowhere. Hopefully they'll let him make teasers for popup screenings ala Inherent Vice, The Master, Phantom Thread

nomorecoffee

Not a good way to start the day.
What's gonna happen now to SB?

Drenk

You're fine in the US. They'll keep a theatrical release of all the MGM movies, as stated in a previous article already posted in this thread.

But I have no idea if it will be the case in France and other countries where laws prohibit movies to stream too soon after their theatrical release. MGM already has a contract with Universal in France, I doubt they'll abandon that easily. After all, Amazon can live without immediately streaming Gucci, James Bond and Soggy Bottom in certain countries.

Ascension.

pynchonikon

Recently there's been an article (p.124) which claimed the theatrical release of the 2021 MGM titles won't be affected.
But yeah the international distribution plan is yet to be clarified.
We may be able to see it on streaming sooner than expected, I suppose.

Alma

You would think there would be some sort of antitrust laws that prevent things like this and the Disney/Fox purchase?  I'm sure it wouldn't go through in a lot of countries, or it wouldn't be as easy anyway.

WorldForgot

Quote from: Alma on May 26, 2021, 09:11:38 AM
You would think there would be some sort of antitrust laws that prevent things like this and the Disney/Fox purchase?  I'm sure it wouldn't go through in a lot of countries, or it wouldn't be as easy anyway.

Amazon'z no stranger to that

https://twitter.com/LazlosGhost/status/1397608179521843200

Drenk

So what about this deal?

QuoteAs a result of the expanded relationship, Paramount+ — ViacomCBS' streaming service that launches on March 4 — will gain access to the theatrical films licensed to Epix from Paramount Pictures, as well as from other studios, including MGM, adding thousands of films to Paramount+'s film offering in the coming months. Following their theatrical runs, MGM's new movies will continue to be available first in an exclusive pay television window with Epix, before becoming available on both Paramount+ and Epix.  These titles include House of Gucci, Creed III and the 25th installment of the James Bond franchise, No Time to Die.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/paramount-epix-expand-strategic-relationship-1234700342/
Ascension.

wilberfan

The key phrase for us Soggy enthusiasts?

QuoteFollowing their theatrical runs, MGM's new movies will continue to be available first in an exclusive pay television window with Epix, before becoming available on both Paramount+ and Epix.

Tdog

Quote from: wilberfan on May 27, 2021, 11:50:10 AM
The key phrase for us Soggy enthusiasts?

QuoteFollowing their theatrical runs, MGM's new movies will continue to be available first in an exclusive pay television window with Epix, before becoming available on both Paramount+ and Epix.

I just want the blu ray after the theatrical release!