Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

lawavaca

Could Andy Jurgensen be editing this one? He was assistant editor on Inherent Vice, associate editor on Phantom Thread, and has been editing all of Anderson's music projects since Junun.

Alma

Quote from: Fuzzy Dunlop on May 21, 2021, 11:17:40 PM
Amazon & MGM Continuing Talks Puts Spotlight On Theatrical Distribution Of 'No Time To Die' & Upcoming Slate

https://deadline.com/2021/05/amazon-mgm-theatrical-distribution-no-time-to-die-film-slate-1234762211/

"With Amazon's recent acquisition of big pics like Paramount's Coming 2 America, and the studio's Skydance co-productions The Tomorrow War and Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, many sources tell us that the e-commerce giant's absorption of the Lion studio won't derail the MGM theatrical releases already scheduled for this year, as distributed by United Artists Releasing. Meaning, these titles won't be acquired and strictly relegated to a streaming release like the Paramount crop. Theatrical P&A budgets for the MGM/UAR slate have been locked, is what we hear...
Among the big features MGM has on its 2021 slate via UAR is the Aretha Franklin biopic Respect (August 13), The Addams Family 2 (October 1), No Time to Die (October 8), the Ridley Scott-directed Lady Gaga-Adam Driver pic House of Gucci (November 26), the untitled Paul Thomas Anderson movie (November 26) and Joe Wright's Cyrano (December 24)."

Phew

Yes

Quote from: lawavaca on May 22, 2021, 12:40:32 AM
Could Andy Jurgensen be editing this one? He was assistant editor on Inherent Vice, associate editor on Phantom Thread, and has been editing all of Anderson's music projects since Junun.

He isn't credited so far while William Fletcher is credited as first "assistant editor: film". Assistant Editor on Tenet, Phantom Thread, Dunkirk, Hateful Eight, Interstellar, Transcendence, Dark Knight Rises. First assistant on Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

If it's not Leslie Jones, makes me think Lee Smith is a possible name editing this since he was the editor on all those Nolan-involved projects except Tenet (Jennifer Lame) and Transcendence (David Rosenbloom). Or Fred Raskin (Hateful Eight and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood).

Drill

Quote from: lawavaca on May 22, 2021, 12:40:32 AM

It's possible. It does seem like he wanted to make a feature film with his music video crew.

jviness02

Quote from: Find Your Magali on May 21, 2021, 06:03:04 PM
Quote from: Yes on May 20, 2021, 01:28:36 PM
https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1395444410972659712?s=20

Asked if Paul Thomas Anderson's go-to editor Dylan Tichenor was working on Soggy Bottom and was told he was busy on Eternals. I assume this means Leslie Jones who cut The Master & Inherent Vice is editing instead? Or maybe now that he's DPing his stuff he also wants to edit too?

Is PTA editing this?

To talk about Tichenor (instead of PTA) for a moment. He's had a fascinating, prestige career. And now editing a Chloé Zhao MCU film? Bonkers! I wonder if there's something in his filmography that specifically drew the interest of Feige and Zhao.  Unbreakable, perhaps? Or maybe it was TWBB

Not to sound too snobbish, but I actually can confirm Feige hasn't seen TWBB. Or at least he hadn't when I worked with him. The dude is a tasteless dip and it's no wonder the MCU is so bland. He had never heard the Immigrant Song before Waititi used it in his Thor pitch. 

Drenk

Quote from: jviness02 on May 22, 2021, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: Find Your Magali on May 21, 2021, 06:03:04 PM
Quote from: Yes on May 20, 2021, 01:28:36 PM
https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1395444410972659712?s=20

Asked if Paul Thomas Anderson's go-to editor Dylan Tichenor was working on Soggy Bottom and was told he was busy on Eternals. I assume this means Leslie Jones who cut The Master & Inherent Vice is editing instead? Or maybe now that he's DPing his stuff he also wants to edit too?

Is PTA editing this?

To talk about Tichenor (instead of PTA) for a moment. He's had a fascinating, prestige career. And now editing a Chloé Zhao MCU film? Bonkers! I wonder if there's something in his filmography that specifically drew the interest of Feige and Zhao.  Unbreakable, perhaps? Or maybe it was TWBB

Not to sound too snobbish, but I actually can confirm Feige hasn't seen TWBB. Or at least he hadn't when I worked with him. The dude is a tasteless dip and it's no wonder the MCU is so bland. He had never heard the Immigrant Song before Waititi used it in his Thor pitch.

I wanted to say: « Not sure Feige watches movies » before your post.  :yabbse-grin:
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Quote from: jviness02 on May 22, 2021, 02:41:49 PM
The dude is a tasteless dip and it's no wonder the MCU is so bland. He had never heard the Immigrant Song before Waititi used it in his Thor pitch.

Kevin Feige hasn't seen Shrek 3, confirmed. U_U

pynchonikon

https://twitter.com/gidwaninaman/status/1396534629050437634

The plot/cast speculations have gone to another level, though Cross does ressemble young Kristofferson a bit.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: pynchonikon on May 23, 2021, 03:02:33 PM
https://twitter.com/gidwaninaman/status/1396534629050437634

The plot/cast speculations have gone to another level, though Cross does ressemble young Kristofferson a bit.

I'd be fine with being proven wrong, but I find it hard to believe the movie's *about* the making of A Star Is Born. At least any more than The Master was about Scientology. Maybe the production of A Star Is Born is the setting of an original story that's the focus, though. I could see that.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

kingfan011

I assumed those earlier rumors about A Star is Born were just crazy rumors. Still don't believe it

Drenk

I know we're all waiting for some kind of official announcement, but there's no reason to speculate over a random person screenshooting a random Instagram page.

IMDB has finally decided to name the movie "Soggy Bottom". One step closer to PTA not bothering to come up with a title.
Ascension.

Tdog

If the rumoured role of an older director still stands in the movie, do we have any speculations for who it might be based on?
Huston, Altman?

Drill

Quote from: Drenk on May 23, 2021, 05:01:25 PM
I know we're all waiting for some kind of official announcement, but there's no reason to speculate over a random person screenshooting a random Instagram page.

IMDB has finally decided to name the movie "Soggy Bottom". One step closer to PTA not bothering to come up with a title.

Still says untitled for me.

Drenk

Weird, I checked Zoe McLane IMDB one hour ago and it said Soggy Bottom. By the way, she's credited as « Pinball Teen ».
Ascension.

jviness02

Quote from: Tdog on May 23, 2021, 05:09:42 PM
If the rumoured role of an older director still stands in the movie, do we have any speculations for who it might be based on?
Huston, Altman?

Apparently Huston. This is the role I am most curious about, if the rumors are true. I would expect him to cast a big name for that kind of role.