Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

PaulElroy35

I know we still haven't  got much info on the film but any one got any predictions on how long the film will be

I'm all for as long as possible  but what would a realistic guess be based on what we know so far?

wilberfan

My guess would be shorter-to-normal (90 to 120 mins) vs longer-to-epic (ie, Boogie Nights or Magnolia).

Drill

I'll guess around the 135 min. mark. I can't imagine this being all that short if it has intersecting storylines.

PaulElroy35

Quote from: wilberfan on May 18, 2021, 08:06:24 PM
My guess would be shorter-to-normal (90 to 120 mins) vs longer-to-epic (ie, Boogie Nights or Magnolia).

Haha so covering all bases then?

jenkins

he means like when you say you think tomorrow will be hot vs cold. it doesn't mean either/or it means hot. this is within one definition of versus, "as opposed to; in contrast to" rather than another definition of versus, "against (especially in sports and legal use)"

PaulElroy35

Quote from: jenkins on May 19, 2021, 03:29:25 AM
he means like when you say you think tomorrow will be hot vs cold. it doesn't mean either/or it means hot. this is within one definition of versus, "as opposed to; in contrast to" rather than another definition of versus, "against (especially in sports and legal use)"

Haha to be honest that meant nothing.

WorldForgot

Idk, Matt, it's a succinct summation: it's being used as in "as opposed to" :lol:

jenkins

I look forward to seeing what its runtime will be. I like short movies but serious movies like long runtimes. so we'll see

Yes

Amazon won Oscars for Manchester By the Sea and they perfectly campaigned the prestige Sound of Metal last year. They're more than fine handling this film which I still assume would be handled by MGM

wrongright

Quote from: Yes on May 20, 2021, 09:57:26 AM
Amazon won Oscars for Manchester By the Sea and they perfectly campaigned the prestige Sound of Metal last year. They're more than fine handling this film which I still assume would be handled by MGM

Amazon has mostly been a disaster. Manchester by the Sea made money at the box office which this likely won't. And Sound of Metal benefitted from a very weak slate.

kingfan011

And to be fair Amazon didn't do anything with Sound of Metal until people were vocally championing it (people like me). Had that not happened I'm sure they would have just quietly dumped it on their servers.

PaulElroy35

Quote from: kingfan011 on May 20, 2021, 10:42:34 AM
And to be fair Amazon didn't do anything with Sound of Metal until people were vocally championing it (people like me). Had that not happened I'm sure they would have just quietly dumped it on their servers.

Well  we best get talking it up when its released then :yabbse-grin:

Yes

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1395444410972659712?s=20

Asked if Paul Thomas Anderson's go-to editor Dylan Tichenor was working on Soggy Bottom and was told he was busy on Eternals. I assume this means Leslie Jones who cut The Master & Inherent Vice is editing instead? Or maybe now that he's DPing his stuff he also wants to edit too?

Is PTA editing this?

Robyn

I heard he wanted to play several characters in this Eddie Murphy-style. "I only trust DDL and myself" he apparently told the producers.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Yes on May 20, 2021, 01:28:36 PM
https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1395444410972659712?s=20

Asked if Paul Thomas Anderson's go-to editor Dylan Tichenor was working on Soggy Bottom and was told he was busy on Eternals. I assume this means Leslie Jones who cut The Master & Inherent Vice is editing instead? Or maybe now that he's DPing his stuff he also wants to edit too?

Is PTA editing this?

As time goes by without real updates, such theories will inevitably be under consideration, and actually this one's been at the back of my mind for a while.
Could this be possible? Benny Safdie's editing his own movies and could be involved even though he's a NY resident as far as I know.