Catfish

Started by socketlevel, August 03, 2010, 12:51:48 AM

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...

modage

I saw the trailer on youtube and I'm pretty sure the first comment under the video spoiled the movie for me.  :/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

(Thanks for the warning, Mod.  Sorry that happened.)

I'm definitely curious to see it.  I mean, I've met a shit ton of people on the internet and it's all been great, so sometimes I get weary of these "meet-ups gone wrong" sensationalist stories... but that is a hell of an effective trailer.

Pubrick

Skipping the trailer and everything about this as I've heard it's the bees knees ONLY if you know nothing about it.

All the best docs are like that. The purity of the first viewing is even more essential in a doco than in regular movies cos the potential for "holy fuck what happens next?" moments is greater. And it's always a good thing when documentaries are about things you've never heard of.

It's like childhood, that purity needs to be protected as long as possible.
under the paving stones.

picolas

yes. never watch that trailer. even without the youtube spoiler, i'm pretty sure it gives away at leat the first hour of the movie in more or less chronological order.

socketlevel

well that's true of all trailers, however this one does cut short when it really needs to. it just gives the set up. i would have never known about this without seeing it on apple trailers so in a way it woulda been worse if it came out and i heard the ending before even knowing about it from one of my friends.

but ya if you're gunna see it anyway, then don't watch the trailer, but if you need to know a little about it first it's good knowing it's not spoiled

RegularKarate

Just want to point out that this trailer has Facebook clips with little kid choir singing a Beach Boys song.

©brad

The trailer was great but damnit I should have listened to you guys. It takes a sharp turn that would have been great to not know about going in.

When will I/we ever learnnnnnn. Sigh

JG

but isn't this is exactly what the trailer needs to be to make you want to see it?

Ghostboy

The trailer is more misleading than it is spoilerful - it doesn't actually give anything away, other than the fact that something is askew about the elationship, which is already clear from the beginning of the movie.

But yeah, more power to you if you can skip the trailer and any other details about the movie. I went into assuming it was a movie about fishing and got punched square in the stomach.

md

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 04, 2010, 11:25:26 AM
Just want to point out that this trailer has Facebook clips with little kid choir singing a Beach Boys song.

Langley School music project:

Fav song from the album
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Ravi

I can't wait to see this movie and I have no idea what its about.

socketlevel

Quote from: Ravi on August 05, 2010, 07:51:06 AM

well if you`ve read all our posts you know about as much as the people that saw the trailer.

Fernando

Quote from: Ravi on August 05, 2010, 07:51:06 AM

ill spoil it for ya.

Catfish: Terror under the sea.

socketlevel

:bravo:

the scariest part of that is the non-cat like eyes.