Austin Powers 4 (and now, other Part 4s)

Started by Kal, August 01, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Kal

I apologize if I had to post this somewhere else, but I looked for a bit and could not find a Mike Myers thread or Austin Powers thread. With the Search not working I guess there is not much I could do. Still, apparently this is already being developed so it qualifies for a Grapevine project.

Mike Myers Penning "Austin Powers 4" As Father-Son Story

Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Mike Myers is swinging back to the 60s. The funny man is reportedly writing a story for "Austin Powers 4," which he plans to have a father and son theme.

As per deadlinehollywooddaily.com, Myers is planning to reprise his role as the 60s mod English spy. He has already started writing the script, which will be an homage to his late father.

A source tells the website, "It's very personal with a father and son theme loosely based on his own life."

The story is said to focus on Austin Power's villain brother Dr. Evil, also played by Myers, and his neglected son Scott Evil, played by Seth Green.

Myers is writing the script with Mike McCullers, director/writer of the 2008 comedy "Baby Mama."

Pwaybloe

Oh, you mean Austin Powers 5. 

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

mogwai

this is not what i wanted to hear from mike myers. i'm really interested in the keith moon bio pic he signed up for.

hedwig

i had a dream once where i almost got mike myers's autograph and then cinephile walked up and smacked the paper out of my hand. i was pretty pissed at the time, but at this point i don't even WANT that stupid autograph anymore.

MacGuffin

Mike Myers Expected to Close 'Austin Powers 4' Deal
Sources confirm to THR that the actor is expected to write, produce and star in a fourth installment of the series.
Source: THR

Mike Myers is close to committing to a fourth Austin Powers movie.

The comic actor, who last donned the false teeth and shaggy wig in 2002's Austin Powers in Goldmember, has for some time been mulling a proposal from New Line to return to the role. Sources confirm a report Friday on the website Hitfix that Myers is expected to close a deal to write, produce and star in a fourth film. But sources caution that no deal has closed, and Myers, one of the more mercurial figures in Hollywood, could still opt out.

Myers last voiced the title character in DreamWorks Animation's successful Shrek franchise. Apart from a small role in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, Myers last appeared in a live movie for Paramount's The Love Guru. The 2008 film grossed just $40.8 mil worldwide, receiving unflattering reception from critics and fans alike.

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery first hit theaters in 1997, with The Spy Who Shagged Me following in 1999. No word yet on a director for a fourth installment, though Jay Roach helmed the original trilogy --which grossed $676,356,278 worldwide.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

The fourth always sucks. Which fourth of anything has ever been good?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

mogwai

Reel

I knew Star Wars and Jaws would make it into this. I just knew it.

theyarelegion

Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol

Jeremy Blackman

I remember Alien Resurrection being, although not very great, also not excessively horrible.

Ummm... Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home?

I guess the premise is mostly right...

Gold Trumpet

The Voyage Home is one of the better Star Trek flicks and Thunderball is one of the more fun Bond movies. I don't know about Jaws and every Star Wars movie is crap to me so I guess the notion is generally true.

pete

the fourth rambo was pretty gnarly.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton