There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: POZER!Thought this ancient tid-bit would be pleasurable for the kids.
the kids should bother reading the rest of the threads they post in, or else shut their newborn traps.

that would be pleasurable for all.
under the paving stones.

JG

QuoteThere will be a movie...Don't ask for details
right now, but needless to say. this is a promise.
it's very exciting and nerve-racking. it's been
so long and i feel a bit rusty - but well rested.
I imagine i'll come out of the starting block
with way too much energy before I settle back
into it. the comfort zone needs to be dismantled.

Do you think this means a late 2006 release, or just that he will be working on it through 2006?
A small tidbit of news, but still... 

ABKman18

I'm guessing it'll be more like shooting in spring or summer and then released in mid 2007.

Pozer

I'm guessing he shoots it all in one week, edits for a year, walks away from it for another, reshoots for a year and three quarters and re-cuts for another half.  We're looking at a 2010 release I believe... but then again, I'm just speculating which is not pointless whatsoever.

Sal

From THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

Anderson puts 'Blood' on track

By Anne Thompson
Writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson is in advanced talks to produce and direct "There Will Be Blood," starring Daniel Day-Lewis as a turn-of-the-century Texas oil prospector in the early days of the oil business. The sprawling period piece, which Anderson has spent several years writing, is loosely adapted from Upton Sinclair's 1927 novel "Oil!"

Budgeted at more than $25 million, "Blood" will be jointly financed and distributed by Paramount's specialty films division and Miramax Films, according to Paramount specialty division president John Lesher. "It's an ambitious film and a compelling, relevant story about family, greed, religion and oil," Lesher said. "Paul is an incredible talent, exactly the kind of filmmaker the new division wants to be in business with."

Former Paramount power producer Scott Rudin, who has shifted his base of operations to Disney, where he struck a new deal last year, was instrumental in bringing in Disney subsidiary Miramax, led by president Daniel Battsek, as a 50/50 partner on "Blood." Paramount will handle domestic distribution, and Miramax will release the film in foreign territories, which could yield the lion's share of the final gross.

Anderson, whose most recent film was 2002's Adam Sandler vehicle "Punch-Drunk Love," will produce with his partner Joanne Sellar. Rudin and author Eric Schlosser ("Fast Food Nation") will executive produce. Casting is under way for a shoot that is set to begin in May, Lesher said. Locations include Martha, Texas, and Albuquerque, N.M.

Lesher, a former Endeavor agent, is wasting no time lining up projects, many of them involving such former A-list director clients as Anderson. Going forward, Rudin and Lesher will have "joint custody" on some movies on an "ad hoc basis," Rudin said.

Lesher should announce several more projects soon, as he and his team head this week into the acquisitions fray at the Sundance Film Festival. Lesher is also in the process of closing a deal for his new marketing chief.

Anderson is represented by Endeavor. Day-Lewis is repped by Gene Parseghian in New York and Victoria Belfrage in the U.K.; "Blood" will be his first film since last year's "The Ballad of Jack & Rose."

Sal

From VARIETY.COM

'Blood' lust for Par and Miramax
Rudin to produce period drama for studios

Scott Rudin

Scott Rudin, who is transitioning from Paramount to Disney, is getting back into business with his old home.

Rudin will exec produce "There Will Be Blood," a period drama loosely based on the 1927 Upton Sinclair novel "Oil!," for ParPar Classics and the new Miramax.

Daniel Day-Lewis and director Paul Thomas Anderson will team this spring on the pic.

It is the first major project for John Lesher since he left Endeavor to take the top post at the classics division, which will soon be renamed.

Rudin is transitioning from Paramount to Disney, and one of his priorities will be to make prestige projects for Miramax.

The 50/50 partnership formula will be used on several pictures Rudin will put together this year. Some of those titles will be distributed domestically by Miramax, with Paramount taking foreign.

Lesher's unit will handle domestic distribution rights, while Daniel Battsek's Miramax will distribute internationally.

Anderson wrote the script and used as his basis Sinclair's expose of the seamy side of the drilling business in Southern California when it became the equivalent of the gold rush.

Day-Lewis will play a prospector who buys the oil rights to a family's ranch, and then hits a major pocket of crude. The story then turns into a tale of greed and faith, as the prospector realizes the American dream and is destroyed by it.

Pic will be produced by Anderson and Joanne Sellar, with Rudin exec producing with Eric Schlosser, the author of "Fast Food Nation." Shooting will begin mid-May, in Texas and New Mexico.

Lesher was Anderson's longtime agent, and knew the project well because he tried to set it up independently last year. Day-Lewis was already doing his research on his character and the oil business, but the project's summer 2005 shoot stalled because of problems raising the budget Anderson felt he needed. The agency and Day-Lewis' reps, Gene Parseghian and Victoria Belfrage kept pushing and Day-Lewis didn't take another acting job.

The wait was worth it, as the package allows them to make a large-canvas picture for a budget just north of $20 million.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Kal

modage

Quote from: joblo
A portion of a script review, originally posted at message board xixax.com says this of Anderson's BLOOD script: For 130 pages, it's a great script. Compelling and page-turning, there are graphic descriptions of how oil-drilling works and what happens when it goes awry (read: graphic deaths). It reads like any PTA script, save for any curses or debauchery ('cept for one moment, where Daniel's sex life is brought up). Everything is great... until the last 20 pages. We jump 15 years ahead... and it all fallls to ****. The narrative momentum has been derailed. The punch is not there. And with some bad casting, some scenes at end could turn out down right laughable. Even though I didn't love MAGNOLIA, I respect the film greatly and can't wait to see what Anderson will do with this flick (and one of the best actors around in Day-Lewis).
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=10000
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

grand theft sparrow

Pubrick

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on January 18, 2006, 10:20:02 AM
Quote from: jobloEven though I didn't love MAGNOLIA, I respect the film greatly and can't wait to see what Anderson will do with this flick (and one of the best actors around in Day-Lewis).
Gah, I didn't fucking write that!  Misquote!
haha yeah it was written badly on the site.

isn't it weird, first deathnotronic's teacher is giving a class based on Weak2ndAct's boondock saints review, and now W2A is getting quoted at joblo. someone's wearin a wire..
under the paving stones.

Pozer

That's funny... and thank god - I got the email for the Oil thread and thought I would find someone posting "any new news about this?" or a speculation or something but instead I got a spectacular bit of info on it.  Does MacGuffs need to be redirected two posts up to the Hollywood Reporter article?  :shock:

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ono

Quote from: "John Lesher" on January 18, 2006, 01:15:47 AM
Casting is under way for a shoot that is set to begin in May
So, think it'll be out by December?