the wire

Started by pete, February 14, 2007, 01:40:51 AM

'what kind of people stand around watching a fire? some shameful shit, right here.'

context, context, context.

pete

you put the b in subtle, cron.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

there's a b in subtle???

i couldn't resist and saw the leaked second episode.  i won't spoil a thing but it's incredible that this season's even more raw and unapologetic than the last one. i fucking cried three times. :yabbse-sad:   and the clark johnson character, gus haynes, is slowly becoming a favorite.

Fernando

Another amazing episode (what a shock!).

I can't believe there's only 8 eps. left.  :yabbse-sad:

pete

VAGUE SPOILER

I was really moved when Kima saw the boy and just immediately reacted.  I was also very disturbed when McNulty did what he did. 

VAGUE END SPOILER

I also saw the episode leaked.  But in the process I stumbled upon a major spoiler.  It was karma.
- Buster Keaton

yes, that scene with kima was fucking brutal. also, michael watching the boy run away from the house after chris and snoop enter. also, every scene with bubbles.

Fernando

Ditto, in fact I was thinking yesterday when I saw again the episode how amazing is that bubbles has made it this far and his current transformation, I wonder where it will lead him.

I loved seeing again Barksdale, and Clay Davis said a great line:

"I'm out there doing the lord's work Erv and you know it!"

Also, McNulty back to being McNulty, only crazier.

pete

that's the one thing that doesn't make sense is how mcnulty spent season 4 picking up his life and putting it back together, but in season 5 he's back like he's always been, without any explanation except maybe for the lousy pay.
I think bubs will be the only character with a happy ending at the end of this season - like namond from last season.
- Buster Keaton

diggler

it seems sudden that mcnulty is back to his old ways, but i think a year spent working on the marlo case unsuccessfully, coupled with the money problems would be enough to push him to a breaking point. i think mcnulty "putting his life back together" last season was just him lying to himself. when bodie was killed, he realized he couldn't do that anymore.

anyone watch ep. 3 on demand yet?
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

edison

Quote from: pete on January 15, 2008, 10:29:21 AM
that's the one thing that doesn't make sense is how mcnulty spent season 4 picking up his life and putting it back together, but in season 5 he's back like he's always been, without any explanation except maybe for the lousy pay.
I think bubs will be the only character with a happy ending at the end of this season - like namond from last season.

ddiggler summed it up exactly, it pretty much began with Bodie being killed and the rest you kind of have to put together based on the current events. While I didn't mind him going back to being the drunken Mcnulty from s1 I still think his crime scene staging was way over the top, even for him. Still loving this season though so far.

mcnulty has always been the spinal cord of the show, acting as a vessel of the show's respective thesis.  he's back in the bar cos the city won't change. that's why vices aren't called hobbies, and the wire isn't called 'baltimore hope'.

i don't know if any of y'all have seen the third episode, but this god damned season is unmerciful.
FUCK.

SiliasRuby

I'M SO FUCKING JEALOUS THAT YOU GUYS HAVE HBO. AND I HAVE TO WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THE DVD'S
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cinemanarchist

Quote from: cron on January 16, 2008, 04:10:17 PM
i don't know if any of y'all have seen the third episode, but this god damned season is unmerciful.
FUCK.

Watching episode 3 made me giddy with excitement at the places this season seems to be heading but it's also got me scared as to what's going to happen to a few key players. I don't see there being as much character development this season but they seem to be making up for it in sheer audacity.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

pete

yeah, goddammit, McNulty and Freeman should come back!
- Buster Keaton