the wire

Started by pete, February 14, 2007, 01:40:51 AM

Marty McSuperfly

I thought it was the perfect end to a perfect show. The worst part of it all is that I don't know how long I'll have to wait until another show will consistantly knock me off my feet week after week.

Before this, my favourite series of all time was Twin Peaks, and that was what, like, 18 years ago? Will I have to wait THAT long? *sigh*

For anyone who's interested, here's a fantastic super-long interview with David Simon where he speaks about the finale,  and the possibility of a Wire movie...

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/03/wire-david-simon-q.html

cinemanarchist

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiit I'm miss you The Wire. Loved the finale and did tear up quite a few times, especially during the "eulogy." God created man and man created The Wire...who's better I ask you? Blasphemous...perhaps, but a question worth pondering. Bring on Generation Kill.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

needless to say, i'm devastated.
context, context, context.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cinemanarchist

As soon as this image appeared on TV I wondered who would be the first to use it as their avatar. Congrats cron!!

diggler

Quote from: cinemanarchist on March 10, 2008, 08:47:42 PM

As soon as this image appeared on TV I wondered who would be the first to use it as their avatar. Congrats cron!!

i thought the same thing with the shot of mcnulty flashing his badge while banging that woman on the hood of his car. i want that on a t-shirt.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Fernando

Apparently on august 12th The Wire's final season will be release.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wire-Season-5/9305

Pas

That's it, after starting as an unbeliever, The Wire as become my favorite show of all time.

Episode 11 of season 3 made this happen. Good god this writing is litterature stuff !

squints

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 08, 2008, 09:38:38 PM
Episode 11 of season 3 made this happen.

Fuckin' a, right?! That episode had me jumping around the house screamin: "Oh my God! No fuckin way!"
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SiliasRuby

Okay Mac, Time For You To Pick Up The Wire!!!!!!

Title: The Wire
Starring: Dominic West
Released: 9th December 2008
SRP: $249.99

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced the complete series of The Wire for release on the 9th December. The 23-disc package will retail at around $249.99. We've attached the official package artwork below:

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

squints

All I want for Christmas....
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

diggler

it's worth twice that imo
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

cinemanarchist

Where'd the images go??? I guess there's no chance of a Blu-Ray version? HBO seems to really be picky and choosy with what gets the Blu treatment.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

edison

I will have this for Christmas