Mr. Show

Started by sphinx, April 11, 2003, 05:51:10 PM

Fishbulb

"Run Ronnie Run" wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't as good as the show. The problem is they tried to make it more about the storyline and the character of Ronnie Dobbs rather than just cramming in random bits of funniness, which is what they're good at. It was more like a SNL movie than a "Mr. Show" movie. But there's several scenes in it that are hilarious, the "gay conspiracy scene", the Three Times One Minus One music video, Jack Black's "give her a kick in the c*nt" scene.

"Martin and Orloff" was better because they didn't really have a script. They developed the scenes through improvising, like Christopher Guest does with his movies. So the movie was really just a series of skits strung together with a thin storyline, rather than trying to hinge everything on a plot that no one cares about.

bonanzataz

how did anybody even see run ronnie run?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Finally on DVD is the Mr. Show movie Run Ronnie Run! Presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 surround, extras include deleted scenes, the "Three Times One Minus One" music video, lots of hidden Easter eggs and trailers. Retail is $24.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Where'd you find that?  There's no mention on the Bob and David website and it's not available on Amazon or Netflix.

However "Let America Laugh" will be released soon.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RegularKarateWhere'd you find that?

Oops, sorry, forgot to include the release date. I found it at DVDFile.com. They say it's set for an August 4th release date. This site says different.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Mr show=comedy for people who are not funny in any way

godardian

Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManMr show=comedy for people who are not funny in any way

Oh, come on. "Imagineer it!!"
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: SantaClauseWasA BlackManMr show=comedy for people who are not funny in any way

Oh, come on. "Imagineer it!!"

does david cross go 3 second with out slipping into a efimitive southern voice

its a one trick pony

its like julia sweeny on snl, she only had one character pat and all her other characters were none variations on the same fucking voice

sphinx

how many episodes of mr. show have you seen, sir?

Quote from: sphinxhow many episodes of mr. show have you seen, sir?

enough, and more then a few

::sigh:: i have friends who go to college

i dunno maybe that was harsh for me to say that ALL of the people who like that show are sad
but a lot of sad people love that show, and they hate stuff that is really funny

ya know people like our very own lester

he is a very sad human being