HBO's Entourage makes me cream my pants...

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, July 19, 2005, 02:15:56 PM

Fernando

Quote from: kal on July 13, 2009, 01:28:23 AM
I thought this first episode was really good. The reviews have been awful, but I honestly don't know what people expect of this show. The subject already is enough for everyone to realize what it can be and what it can definitely not be, and after five seasons, if you are still watching then you know what to expect.

im with you on this one, this show is what it is, if by now some ppl don't like it why do they keep watching?? i know i don't expect to see hollywood depicted as if the wire crew were making this. what i know is that by the end of every episode i always want more, it goes real fast. anyway, im curious to see where this season goes.

Pas

''I cried. Now I don't know if I was crying because of the script, or the fact that I'm trying to put you in a Benji movie but I sat alone at night in my bed and wept''

hahaha

MacGuffin

War of words: Seth Rogen calls 'Entourage' creator Doug Ellin 'a moron'

"Entourage" chewed up comic actor Seth Rogen in Monday  night's episode. Now Seth is biting back.

The writers had their characters referring to Seth's "ugliness ... oddly fascinating" in a comic debate over whether Rogen could get a Katherine Heigl babe in real life.

Rogen fired back to E!'s Daily 10:

"Yeah ... I actually ran into Matt ... Kevin Dillon in a Starbucks. And he's like 'You know, I've got to kind of apologize because apparently the guy who created our show doesn't like you so much.' "

"And I said, 'Well, I have reason to believe because I think Doug Ellin is a moron from all I can understand, so it makes sense he doesn't like me.'

"And I've kind of said some disparaging things about the show. Although in our defense, ["Entourage" producer] Mark Wahlberg called us misogynistic in an interview, so I think they kind of started that. ... It's on. Luckily, I never have and never plan on watching 'Entourage.' "

So there.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

^^^ This is the kind of shit that makes me hate Hollywood so much.
Si

diggler

last night's episode was actually really good. i loved the scene between ari and turtle, ari's playing tough love dad to everyone this season (E, Lloyd, Turtle)
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Kal

Yeah that scene was really great. It was probably the first time they have a one-on-one conversation also and it was great. Also, E becoming a man and going all Ari on the CW girl was pretty cool as well. It's interesting to see where they are taking this season. As much as its the usual stuff, the characters are actually going somewhere (except for Drama maybe).

diggler

i wish this show would just spin off into a strictly miller gold storyline. it's the only story thread with any kind of consistency.

SiliasRuby

I LOVE ARI! But I'm sure thats everywhere and I'm slightly proud of turtle trying to come out of his shell and start to do something really constructive with his life. It reminds me that its never too late to change...Another paraphrased quote for the now magligned (at least on here) but loved by me, "American Beauty".
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

This show relies on way too old scripts. After Jay Leno, they are now discovering Facebook.

Pas

ok I'm now officially not watching this shit anymore

diggler

seriously, what happened to last season? it was showing promise, now it's just aimless all over again.

pete

really?  I thought the opposite.  this season has some kinda story going.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

Quote from: pete on August 18, 2009, 07:12:09 PM
this season has some kinda story going.

Entourage Episode Idea 1: E can't get cell service, Turtle gets a bad haircut, Drama has an ingrown toe nail, and Vince eats a banana.
Entourage Episode Idea 2: E's in traffic, Turtle eats a sandwich, Drama buys a Gatorade, and Vince has sex with a meter maid.
Entourage Episode Idea 3: E takes a nap, Turtle loses a shoe, Drama wrinkles his nose, & Vince has sex with a girl he meets.
Entourage Idea 4: E turns on his TV, Turtle puts on a hat, Drama says pussy 3x in one sentence, and Vince sits in a lounge chair.

via @azizansari
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

as lame as this season's been, Gary Cole deserves an emmy for that prison scene.

MacGuffin

Wahlberg: Entourage Movie Will Cap Series
By: Roger Friedman; Hollywood Reporter

Mark Wahlberg is a phenomenon at this point.

The former Calvin Klein underwear model was an Oscar nominee for "The Departed." His work in every film he does is thoughtful and surprising. No one would have ever guessed that his serious demeanor would also lead him to executive produce one of TV's — rather HBO's — most memorable shows, "Entourage."

At the "Lovely Bones" premiere last night in New York, Wahlberg told me that there are two seasons left of "Entourage" on TV. And then? "We'll see, there could be more. But then, a movie."

So "Entourage" will follow "Sex and the City" into theaters in this unusual backward progression of development. Maybe we'll even see Vince (Adrien Grenier) make a good movie.

Right now, Wahlberg is filming a Will Ferrell comedy, "The Other Guys," with Ferrell's crew. "I don't really get to do comedy," Mark said. "We waited for just the right thing. It's a buddy movie." It also has cameos from Derek Jeter and Paris Hilton, so let's brace ourselves.

While we were talking in the Oak Room at the Plaza Hotel after the movie — in a party so full that it would have welcomed Washington's Salahi's — Wahlberg must have greeted two dozen friends. The nice thing was, there was no nuttiness. He is the epitome of down to earth and accessible. There was no "entourage."

"Are they friends from Boston?" I asked.

Wahlberg shook his head. "All my friends from Boston are either dead or in jail," he replied. He's said it before, so I asked: "They can't still be in jail after all this time?"

Wahlberg didn't hesitate. "The stuff they did, you don't get out of jail."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks