50 First Dates

Started by MacGuffin, December 18, 2003, 09:04:26 PM

bonanzataz

the only adam sandler top billed movie that's ever let me down was "8 Crazy Nights." i never saw "Going Overboard."
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mogwai

Quote from: taz.i never saw "Going Overboard."
haha, i doubt anyone did.

oakmanc234

I did. Its so bad that it requires a new word invented for just how excrutiating it is. But that aint a Sandler flick, just some shitty, 80's, cheap-ass experiment.

And yea, '8 Crazy' was dissapointing as shite. An animated version of a Sandler film SOUNDS fun but it just didn't work.

The only two things to do with Sandler that I don't like are above. Everything else is all good with me (and yes I really liked 'Little Nicky' and 'Mr. Deeds').

'Dates' is gonna be great fun. Adam & Drew screwing around in Hawaii, sweet. I'm there.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Ravi

The premise sounds funny, but I saw the commercial today and it looks like typical Sandler dreck.  Rob Schneider's presence is not comforting, even if it is only a cameo.  I hope PDL wasn't a one-off for Sandler.  :(

Ravi

Ebert gives his first *** rating to a Sandler movie (PDL was a PTA movie):

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/wkp-news-dates13f.html

Quote from: Roger EbertThe movie is sort of an experiment for Sandler. He reveals the warm side of his personality, and leaves behind the hostility, anger and gross-out humor. To be sure, there's projectile vomiting on a vast scale in an opening scene of the movie, but it's performed by a walrus, not one of the human characters, and the walrus feels a lot better afterward. This is a kinder and gentler Adam Sandler.

coopxr

this movie was much better then the commercials made it look. Being a sandler fan i wasnt disspointed like I was with Anger Management. What did you fellers think aboot it?
Peace
Ps- im naked.

Chest Rockwell

I just saw this today. I liked it much more than I though I would, and gave me a warm feeling deep down in the cockles of my heart. And as a plus, Drew Barrymore actually looks good for a change in this one. Overall I give it three of four laughs.

And certainly this is the best Sandler movie I've seen since....I dunno, the Wedding Singer, i guess.

Finn

This is better than the average Adam Sandler movie. I don't think Drew Barrymore is a very good actress and I think she proves that once again here. But Adam Sandler is charming and funny, so that's enough to win recommendation.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

bonanzataz

i guess i enjoyed this movie but i didn't really laugh that hard. it was a nice way to spend the evening, but overall, i don't think it has much repeat value. it was just a little too sad to be funny. i liked anger management better. for a movie being billed as a comedy, this just didn't have enough laughs.

SPOILER KINDA: anybody notice the similarity one of lucy's paintings had with the PDL dvd cover? b/c I did.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

edison

Quote from: taz.SPOILER KINDA: anybody notice the similarity one of lucy's paintings had with the PDL dvd cover? b/c I did.

Yeah, i saw that also, thought it was kinda neat, and i really liked how they made fun of happy gilmore

Alethia

Gloria

This movie was so light and charming.  I was so surprised how much I liked it. I was skeptical about seeing it, because the previews made it look like another gross out comedy.  This movie has so much more heart than the previews let on.  I thought Drew Barrymore was so sweet and Sandler was the best he's been in one of these kinds of comedies. He was more 'leading man' and less 'idiot being funny.' Not to say that this movie is free from gross out humor...but it is not in excess like in some films.

Banky

fuck this piece of shit movie but damn if it aint killin the box office

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Bankyfuck this piece of shit movie but damn if it aint killin the box office
Expand your mind, Banky!

Banky

i dont post much here any more and when i do it is usually news or just small remarks.  I use to love to go on at length but i just dont know....