Kevin Smith

Started by Banky, April 28, 2003, 09:44:26 PM

penfold0101

Dogma IMHO is his best film.
Followed by mallrats - its has become a rainy afternoon film. its soo easy to watch.
Then Clerks.
I found J&SB to be a bit hit and miss, some things made me laugh out loud and others made me think why bother?
I couldn't get on with Chasing Amy, i found it hard to connect with.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Pozer

I know it's a bit cliche'd here, but Chasing Amy is the only one I ever liked when I saw it back in the day.

but have you watched this movie recently? horrible (to me anyhoo)

Sigur Rós

Quote from: poserI know it's a bit cliche'd here, but Chasing Amy is the only one I ever liked when I saw it back in the day.

but have you watched this movie recently? horrible (to me anyhoo)

I watched this movie the 2. time last Friday. I didn't think to much about it the first time I saw it. But this time it was really great! The dialoges are so fun and well writen by Kevin Smith. Ben Afleck and Jason Lee both give great performances. Overall a great movie.

i/o

I wish it would just be easier to just get rid of a lot of the things in the movies.
Such as in Dogma-get rid of Linda Fiorentino.
Or in Chasing Amy-get rid of the overacting.
In Clerks-Get rid of the bad acting and dialogue.

It's that simple folks...
"Mime is money"