Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

Fernando

Quote from: polkablues on June 24, 2011, 03:15:16 PM
Damn it, I had Peter O'Toole in my death pool. Oh well. Let it ride!

ha! last year i had lindsay lohan, still think she probably should be on suicide watch.

Sleepless

Quote from: Fernando on June 25, 2011, 11:34:07 AM
Quote from: polkablues on June 24, 2011, 03:15:16 PM
Damn it, I had Peter O'Toole in my death pool. Oh well. Let it ride!

ha! last year i had lindsay lohan, still think she probably should be on suicide watch.

Now that's a reality show!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

mogwai

Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her home, the Press Association has reported.

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of her European tour after she was jeered at her comeback gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said.

polkablues

Sad for anyone to die so young, but I don't think anybody in the world can say they're all that surprised.
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

Ravi

Ravi

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/david-ngoombujarra-1967-2011

David Ngoombujarra (1967-2011)
By Patrick Frater
Thu, 21 July 2011, 16:26 PM (HKT)
Obituary News

Australian film star David Ngoombujarra was found dead on Sunday, age 44. One of Australia's best-known Aborigine actors Ngoombujarra appeared in major films including Rabbit Proof Fence, Ned Kelly, Crocodile Dundee and Australia.

Born in Meekatharra, West Australia, he was raised by a white family in Perth as David Bernard Starr.

As an actor he got his big break in 1993 film Blackfellas, for which he won his first Australian Film Institute Award. Apparently he felt the role was close to his own experience as an urban Aboriginal familiar with petty crime and living on the edge. The manner of his death appears to fit continue that sad tradition; he was found unconscious in a park in Fremantle, near Perth. Police are conducting toxicology tests, but say his death was not suspicious.

Ngoombujarra won his other AFI awards for supporting roles in 2002 film Black And White and the 2007 TV series The Circuit.

squints

I immediately thought that that guy was this guy, whose filmography is a bit better.

Still sad that someone in the world died i guess?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Yeah i think Ravi thought it was David Gulpilil, cos that guy is not really anyone.

I mean, I'm sure he's someone to his family, but that's about it.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

More importantly, I had no idea the domain suffix ".asia" existed.

Ravi

He was in a bunch of stuff. And no, I didn't think he was David Gulipilil.

MacGuffin

Steely Character Actor G.D. Spradlin Dies at 90

Former oilman appeared as authority figures in "Godfather: Part II," "One on One" and "Apocalypse Now."

G.D. Spradlin, a character actor who specialized in playing authority figures in such films as The Godfather: Part II and One on One, died July 24 at his ranch in San Luis Obispo, Calif. He was 90.

He also appeared as Maj. Gen. Robert L. Eichelberger in MacArthur (1977); as an unofficial Coach Tom Landry in North Dallas Forty (1979); as the general who assigns Martin Sheen to the search mission in Apocalypse Now (1979); as a reverend in Ed Wood (1994); and as Washington Post executive editor Ben Bradlee in Dick (1999).

In Godfather: Part II (1974), Spradlin portrayed a corrupt senator from Nevada who is blackmailed by the Corleone family after he wakes up and finds himself drenched in a dead prostitute's blood.

In One on One (1977), Spradlin plays tough-as-nails college basketball coach Moreland Smith who gives small-town high school star Robby Benson a hard time.

A native of Oklahoma and a recipient of a Wrangler Award from the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Spradlin also appeared in such TV shows as Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.; Mannix; It Takes a Thief; Dragnet; and Adam 12. He directed two films, The Only Way Home and Outside In, both released in 1972.

Survivors include his wife, Frances; his daughters Tamara and Wendy; and five grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, contributions in his memory may be made to Hospice Partners of the Central Coast.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

Whoa, I'm going to a screening of Paper Moon tonight and The Last Picture Show tomorrow. They'll probably talk about this.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton