"...that was awesome." (contains spoilers)

Started by pete, October 08, 2005, 01:36:14 AM

pete

in memory of Chris Farley, lets compile a list of "that was awesome" moments in movies.  You know, nothing snobby, just good ol' rocking time of sharing great moments in film.

...in Powder when he made the redneck hunter feel like a deer.
...the presidential speech in Independence Day.
...some old Hong Kong film I saw once when a girl ran outta bullets in her revolver and a guy was about to shoot her and she had one bullet between her teeth so she spat it into the revolver and shot at the guy.
...the Rock took out a pillar in the Rundown with his strong arm.
...the bad guy points the gun at Tom Cruise, then BAM! and he shoots himself in the stomach instead.
...Keanu Reeves exorcised that chick with a mirror.
...the real shy nun could sing real good all thanks to Whoopi.
...the blue alien diva busts out some new age techno and the fifth element goes karate on the aliens.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

...the gun's duct-taped to his back!  Fuck, yeah!
My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

...the martian tornado that tore that one guy to pieces...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

hedwig

Quote from: Pubrickanother impossible thread.

Reinhold

...they came through the ceiling of the hotel room and shot all of the russian mobsters while they were tangled up in the rope!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Myxo

- The hallucinogenic demon moment from Batman Begins with the Scarecrow.
- Newspaper with a mind of it's own from American Beauty.
- Yoda lifting Luke's X-Wing out of the Swamp in SW5.
- Neo's "the one" moment where he stops bullets mid-air from the Matrix.
- The end of Arlington Rd.
- Any of Ben Kingsley's explosive moments from Sexy Beast

Wow, this is impossible.

:lol:

Tictacbk

When Marty McFly hits his head against the steering wheel and the car starts.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

How do I know which ones won't spoil the movie if it's just a brief tidbit?

You should post the movie before you post the bit so that people would know whether or not to read it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pete

please take this thread less seriously than what I have observed?
not real moments.  but bad moments?
more chemistry please.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

today when i was watching battleship potemkin and my prof was taking the reel back a little bit so that we could see an important part... anyway, it looked like the baby carriage was charging the soldiers.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Fernando

- when we first see the tripods in this years wotw
- bruce willis' witty remarks in the first two die hards

Garam

Damn straight. Spielberg's WotW was flawed as hell, but the walkers were fucking amazing.

And Die Hard, yah.

- Buffalo '66 (Goon, goon, goon....)