Started by Alethia, January 16, 2005, 09:22:54 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: brockly

kirsten dunst quoting Nietzsche before drinking Whisky in Eternal Sunshine
kirsten dunst dancing on bed in Eternal Sunshine
kirsten dunst prentending to be stoned in Eternal Sunshine

hahaha  ..that was awful

Pas

That part with the arrows not reaching the cliff and the ice breaking and most of what happens in King Arthur.

Thrindle

The Polar Express becoming a cracked out train-wreck for frightened children everywhere.
Classic.

life_boy

Quote from: SHAFTRThe ending of The Passion.

To be even more precise:
-  The CGI nail-hole through the hand at the end of The Passion.

Also:

-  The nicknames "Spidey" and "Doc Ock" actually being used by characters in a movie (Spider-Man 2).

-  The main characters running away from the "killer cold" just-in-time scene ('thank god we closed the door!') in The Day After Tomorrow.

-  The wolves escaping from the zoo and trying to eat the main characters while they try and get some penecillian on board the frozen ship to bring back to save Jake Gyllanhall's girlfriend with the infected cut (that he won fair and square from annoying frat dude) in The Day After Tomorrow.

-  Dennis Quaid being the only person on the planet to figure out what the hell's going on in The Day After Tomorrow.

-  Nobody believing Dennis Quaid when he tries to tell everyone what the hell's going on in The Day After Tomorrow.

-  Bridget Jones ending up in a prison somewhere in Thailand (Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason).

-  The "Somehow, 'I told ya so' just doesn't quite say it" scene from I, Robot.

modage

Quote from: life_boy-  Bridget Jones ending up in a prison somewhere in Thailand (Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason).
ah yes.  so bad i had, once again, blocked it from my memory.  this may actually take the cake although theres probably only about 3 of us here that can testify to it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon
Mel Gibson's success with that fucking movie
Everytime I see Ahsley Simpson on TV/Magazine/ANYWHERE
same with Michael Jackson
same with Jennifer Lopez (who by the way is my new neighbor)
Collin Farrel making faces in Alexander like Mugatu in Zoolander

meatball

Quote from: ewardthere was something off about the way it was written...it just didn't sit right with me regardless of whether it really happened or not.  it just struck me as mediocre...the timing and execution of the scene seemed very "sitcom" to me.  i don't know, just didn't like it.  i know that's a shitty and unfulfilling answer, but it's all i got.

What type of high comedy is there that would elevate it from being "sitcom"?

The scene wasn't cringe-inducing. Maybe if you were seated beside your grandmother, it would be.

The scene was like a breath of fresh air. A little moment of relaxation from all the Hughes dramatics.

Alethia

well, i'm very happy you liked it.  i didn't, but i still thought the movie was great.  let's move on, please.

meatball

Yeah, I'm just being a pain in the ass.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: andykCollin Farrel making faces in Alexander like Mugatu in Zoolander

I can sort of see that...

Find Your Magali

When I forked over $7.50 for "Laws of Attraction"  :shock: