Who's Next To Croak?

Started by cine, September 28, 2003, 11:07:39 AM

Myxo

Rest in peace Mr. Hopper. You were one of my favorite villains.

I'll never forget watching Super Mario Bros. on VHS at some random high school party when I was 17 years old. It took a lot of drugs but everyone loved it!

New Feeling

I just watched The Last Movie as the conclusion to my own private directed by Dennis Hopper tribute and it was fuckin' awesome, especially if you love non-linear mildly experimental cinematic ramblings on life and death and cinema.  Out of the Blue was also stellar, with a particularly great supporting performance from Hopper.  Colors turned out really good too, can't believe I've been passing up Sean Penn/Robert Duvall cops in tha hood film all these years.  The Hot Spot was pretty good neo-noir as well, particularly notable for lots of good sex stuff especially young Jennifer Connelly in all her glory....  Never really heard anyone talk about any of these movies. 

RIP Dennis Hopper: underrated filmmaker. 

cinemanarchist

Dennis Hopper & The Russian Suicide Chair

Maybe everyone else has heard of this, but I hadn't, and it feels like a very fitting tribute.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Gold Trumpet

My baseball self esteem just croaked. If you're on my facebook or twitter, you have seen me overplay this to an annoying level, but man, this is the hardest sports thing I have ever had to swallow. The thing that makes grown men cry, haha.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/article/2010-06-02/tigers-armando-galarraga-loses-perfect-game-2-outs-9th

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Yea, I post about my emotions for your fucking approval.

Pas

Quote from: P on June 03, 2010, 02:15:34 AM
couldn't care less.

what? That shit is insane. Will probably be talked about forever. Wong thread but what a fucking sad thing.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on June 03, 2010, 03:02:42 AM
Yea, I post about my emotions for your fucking approval.

He posts so you'll make this post. I figured that out years ago. Come on GT. I'm disappointed man! :yabbse-smiley:

Pubrick

i don't, actually.

anyway, i guess this is the third:

Rue McClanahan Dead: 'Golden Girl' Dies Of Stroke At 76

DAVID BAUDER | 06/ 3/10 08:29 PM | AP

NEW YORK — Rue McClanahan, the Emmy-winning actress who brought the sexually liberated Southern belle Blanche Devereaux to life on the hit TV series "The Golden Girls," has died. She was 76.

Her manager, Barbara Lawrence, said McClanahan died Thursday morning at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital of a brain hemorrhage.

She had undergone treatment for breast cancer in 1997 and later lectured to cancer support groups on "aging gracefully." In 2009, she had heart bypass surgery.

McClanahan had an active career in off-Broadway and regional stages in the 1960s before she was tapped for TV in the 1970s for the key best-friend character on the hit series "Maude," starring Beatrice Arthur. After that series ended in 1978, McClanahan landed the role as Aunt Fran on "Mama's Family" in 1983.

But her most loved role came in 1985 when she co-starred with Arthur, Betty White and Estelle Getty in "The Golden Girls," a runaway hit that broke the sitcom mold by focusing on the foibles of four aging – and frequently eccentric – women living together in Miami.

"Golden Girls" aimed to show "that when people mature, they add layers," she told The New York Times in 1985. "They don't turn into other creatures. The truth is we all still have our child, our adolescent, and your young woman living in us."

Blanche, who called her father "Big Daddy," was a frequent target of roommates Dorothy, Rose and the outspoken Sophia (Getty), who would fire off zingers at Blanche such as, "Your life's an open blouse."

Fellow "Golden Girl" Betty White called McClanahan a close and dear friend.

"I treasured our relationship," said White, who was working in Los Angeles on the set of her TV Land comedy "Hot in Cleveland" on Thursday. "It hurts more than I even thought it would, if that's even possible."
under the paving stones.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

jtm

i thought ronnie james dio was the 1st. and hopper was the 3rd.

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Myxo

Dennis Hopper's 7-Year-Old Daughter Not at His Funeral

Dennis Hopper was laid to rest over the weekend after losing his battle with prostate cancer. Unfortunately, his seven-year-old daughter, Galen Grier Hopper, wasn't there to see him off to his final resting place. That's because Hopper and his wife, Victoria Duffy are in the midst of a nasty divorce battle over his estate, and neither Duffy nor Hopper's representatives seemed able to broker a deal that would allow Galen to attend her dad's funeral.

(How sad is that?)

Pubrick

so what you're saying is, her childhood just croaked.
under the paving stones.