Lunatic At Large

Started by MacGuffin, October 31, 2006, 09:10:24 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: wilberfan on February 15, 2021, 10:02:11 PMThe great set piece is a nighttime carnival sequence in which Joyce, lost and afraid, wanders among the tents and encounters a sideshow's worth of familiar carnie types: the Alligator Man, the Mule-Faced Woman, the Midget Monkey Girl, the Human Blockhead, with the inevitable noggin full of nails.

This description sounds amazing and this part calls to mind Wendy seeing all the party goers in the Overlook - I can picture this movie shot in black & white and 4:3. The carnival stuff could feel Fellini, too. Also picturing the boat scene in Night of the Hunter.

Over a decade later, I got the Criterion of The Killing not too long ago and I want to see that edit I talked about in Killer's Kiss again.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

WorldForgot

I've got that same Criterion Blu and the psychological states communicated in those gaps give the film a flavor apart from a typical noir. QT grabbed so much from that film. Characters who don't understand the stakes they've put themselves in, "you're okay in my book, in my book you're okay," and the jump scarez of a the grim reaper greeting you with a slammed door. 

putneyswipe

PinkTeeth

Quote from: tpfkabi on February 16, 2021, 01:01:42 AM
Quote from: wilberfan on February 15, 2021, 10:02:11 PMThe great set piece is a nighttime carnival sequence in which Joyce, lost and afraid, wanders among the tents and encounters a sideshow's worth of familiar carnie types: the Alligator Man, the Mule-Faced Woman, the Midget Monkey Girl, the Human Blockhead, with the inevitable noggin full of nails.

This description sounds amazing  - I can picture this movie shot in black & white and 4:3.

New Name, Same Typos.