Pulp Fiction 2?

Started by Banky, October 13, 2003, 06:15:36 PM

Banky

Pulp Fiction 2?                                                  Oct. 13, 2003

Source: Dark Horizons  by: Mike Sampson

UPDATE! - Shortly after posting this, I got an e-mail from Jeremy, who had this to say about the topic below: "Just read your scoop about PULP FICTION 2: I myself live in New Zealand and have never, ever, heard of any publication even close to resembling 'Aoteoroa News'. Aoteoroa is the Maori word for New Zealand, but that still doesn't shed any light on the subject. Like you said - its not like QT is going to be talking to some imaginary newspaper in lil' ol NZ about potentially the biggest scoop of the year." I tend to agree there Jeremy. Thanks to one of our dedicated readers for writing in with the news.

Take what you are about to read with a giant grain of salt. I originally wasn't even going to reprint it here but JoBlo himself picked up the Batphone and called me into action. So I'll pass this "news" along, but not before I warn you not to get your hopes up. Dark Horizons ran a report from a scooper who sent in word about Quentin Tarantino talking about the possibility of creating a PULP FICTION 2. Here's some of what Tarantino allegedly said about the topic: "There's an idea I have a PULP FICTION follow-up. Sequels generally suck, so it's nothing I want to rush into. But Bottom line the studio wants it, the fans want it. I'm sure I can compromise somewhere. It'd be my way of apologizing for never getting VEGA BROTHERS off the ground I guess. That way, we could get John, we could get Michael, and we could get Sam and Tim...everyone back. It would be interesting to see whatever happened to Jules and his plans to 'walk the earth'." That quote reportedly came from the "Aotearoa News" in New Zealand. Trouble is, I tried to find any link to such a newspaper or media outlet and came up empty. Now why would Tarantino stay complete mum about something that could potentially be HUGE news, only to suddenly talk freely about it to small newspaper in New Zealand? Not that it couldn't happen, it just doesn't seem likely. And even if everything were on the up-and-up with the quote, you have to factor in Quentin getting excited about the possibility of such things but not always being able to realize such things. His next project will almost surely be INGLORIOUS BASTARDS and then there's talk of a KILL BILL sequel (after VOL. 2). Considering how long it took KILL BILL to finally be realized, I think we may be waiting a looong time for any PULP FICTION sequel. If anyone can find some more information about this project or could actually confirm it, send me an e-mail. God knows I'd love for it to be true but I can't help but be a skeptic at this point...

ElPandaRoyal

Personally, I don't believe it, but damn, once again your avatar is brilliant. You, mr. Banky, just made my day...
Si

Banky

so this is more specific.  I think that this would be a cool idea.

oakmanc234

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a 'Pulp' sequel. It's fun thinking up ideas for another 3 stories. I would love it if one would involve Jules and his life 'walking the earth' and another one with Butch and the new shit he gets himself into. If one of the stories involved Adam Sandler somewhere, that would be my dream project right there. Not sure about bringing back Pumkin, Hunnybunny or Mia. Marsellus would be pretty essential. Or The Wolf. Who knows! Its just fun thinking about it.

I'm sadly positive it wont ever happen though.......
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Finn

I thought Jackie Brown was the Pulp Fiction follow-up. I guess not.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

rustinglass

Quote from: oakmanc234The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a 'Pulp' sequel. It's fun thinking up ideas for another 3 stories. I would love it if one would involve Jules and his life 'walking the earth' and another one with Butch and the new shit he gets himself into. If one of the stories involved Adam Sandler somewhere, that would be my dream project right there. Not sure about bringing back Pumkin, Hunnybunny or Mia. Marsellus would be pretty essential. Or The Wolf. Who knows! Its just fun thinking about it.

I'm sadly positive it wont ever happen though.......

wether or not esmeralda ever manages to kill a man...Marsellus?or Jules?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Quote from: rustinglasswether or not esmeralda ever manages to kill a man...Marsellus?or Jules?

Not exactly a sequel (same actress, but she's not named Esmarelda), but more of an off-spring. Answering your question would be a spoiler for the ending:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: rustinglasswether or not esmeralda ever manages to kill a man...Marsellus?or Jules?

Not exactly a sequel (same actress, but she's not named Esmarelda), but more of an off-spring. Answering your question would be a spoiler for the ending:

Eheheh..... I was gonna talk about this.
Si