the vocalist

Started by Vile5, September 10, 2003, 07:17:11 PM

Vile5

those bands you love because the vocalist
or those vocalists make the band
or the vocalist
or just your favorite vocalist

my case:
Bono= i love him even his huge noise (just kidding) his voice is amazing, his performance on stage, his personality, and his lyrics, well i just love him
David Gahan= Depeche Mode is one of my old favorites bands and David's voice is wonderful, a great singer really and i'm happy he didn't die in 90's (i think he was close to)
Mick Hucknall= what a voice!!! if i love Simply Red is in many ways because him, but well the band is great too, well Mick is great!
Damon Albarn= i think this guy is really gifted, and how many people is able to being the leader of two excellent bands as Blur and Gorillaz?? just Damon!
Michael Hutchence= ok he's not in this world but how i loved his voice!, i cried a week when he died, his voice was so sexy (well he was so sexy) anyway i'm sure INXS died with him, maybe some people don't think the same, but i miss him so much...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

Vile5

yeah, he's on my list too!

Cecil

i also like roger waters, ozzie, iggy, ian curtis, perry farrell, the moz, and perhaps even maynard james keenan

aclockworkjj

I am probably gonna get shit for this, but I forgot about...

Edit:...sorry, Dave Matthews.

Sleuth

I don't ever like a band "just for vocals" so here are my favorites that I can think of right now
Maynard James Keenan, Trent Reznor, ROBERT PLANT, Isaac Brock, Roger Daltry, Mikael Akerfeldt, Jeff Magnum, John Darinelle. THOM YORKE
I like to hug dogs

Find Your Magali

Walking across the sitting room....

neatahwanta

Sigur Rós

Sigur Rós (Jonsi)
Smashing Pumpkins (Corgan)
Portishead (Beth Gibbons)
The Smiths (Morrissey)
Faith No More (Mike Patton)
Tool (Keenan)
Jeff Buckley

etc....

rustinglass

Quote from: aclockworkjj
eddie vedder

Yes! But all the band members are great.

I like PJ Harvey, Jeff and Tim Buckley, tom waits and thom yorke
kirstin anna is so cute!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

luctruff

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

aclockworkjj

Vile5

Quote from: SigurThe Smiths (Morrissey)....
agree

and i forgot this guy!!!!!

phil marlowe

ludacris, i dig him alot as a rapper but his tracks...no good.

and btw the greatest vocalist ever is called mike patton. mike among friends.