Dark Blue

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 06, 2003, 11:58:22 AM

Gold Trumpet

The buzz is that this movie is going to be good. Could it be the surprise movie for the early year like Changing Lanes was last year?

~rougerum

polkablues

Yawn.  Looks from the trailer like a watered-down version of "Narc" or "The Shield".  I would watch it up to the point where Kurt Russell says (as only Kurt Russell could), "This city is only here because I built it! With bullets!"  Then I would laugh until I cried and go home.

And does anyone else remember a time when Ving Rhames actually acted in movies?
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

I'm with you Polk... This looks like a big snorefest.

Ridiculously cheezy... reminds me of Antwone Fischer meets They Live, but not as cool.

Anyway Ving can stick to Radioshack commercials if he wants.

Duck Sauce

Are you serious? Trailers arent always a fair representation for a movie, but cmon? I find it hard to take Kurt Russel seriously as it is already

Gold Trumpet

trailers spoke nothing for changing lanes either but from the festivals it has been it, it is getting major buzz of being very good.

~rougerum

polkablues

Quote from: The Gold Trumpettrailers spoke nothing for changing lanes either but from the festivals it has been it, it is getting major buzz of being very good.

The difference with "Changing Lanes" is that, even though the trailer didn't fully represent how good the movie was, at least it didn't turn me off of the movie the way "Dark Blue"'s trailer does.  I guess I'll hold off passing judgement until I start seeing some reviews, though.

Gold Trumpet

Isn't it until you actually have seen it for yourself?

~rougerum

Satcho9

This is just Training Day with a slightly different premise and this time making the black guy good and the white guy evil. I am not fooled.

polkablues

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIsn't it until you actually have seen it for yourself?

~rougerum

No, I trust critics opinions more than I do my own.

Pedro

QuoteThis is just Training Day with a slightly different premise and this time making the black guy good and the white guy evil. I am not fooled.

Exactly how I saw it

NEON MERCURY

..ummm..this film sucks

excecpt kurt's hair looked cool....
and the dvd cover look s like a worthy photoshop job.....

aclockworkjj

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetChanging Lanes
I don't get it.  I only thought it was a "rental I wasn't pissed about spending $2 on"

similar to The Italian Job.  What I am missing about Changing Lanes???, cause I woulda been pissed if I spent $9 in the theater on it.

cine

How did I know Neon Mercury revived this thread..
Usually I don't care but in this case.. it's pointless.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: CinephileHow did I know NEON MERCURY revived this thread

...because like myself..you have good instincts and ..that will carry ye far...

cine

..... fair enough.