The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 08, 2003, 05:38:50 PM

MacGuffin

Peter Jackson Talks King Kong!

The Dominion Post scored an exclusive interview with director Peter Jackson on Universal's King Kong. Jackson says the film will have a budget of about $200 million and will be shot in Wellington, New Zealand and various "exotic" locations around the country.

Shooting is scheduled to begin mid-2004 with the aim of releasing the film in 2005. Jackson, partner Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens will start work on the script in October after The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King was delivered, he said.

Jackson said the Wellington-based production would provide between 1500 and 2000 jobs and make a significant contribution to the local economy. Most of the King Kong crew would be New Zealanders, though Jackson was required by Universal to hire international actors for most of the bigger roles, says the trade.

Two-thirds of the film is set on the mysterious Skull Island - which is supposed to be somewhere near Sumatra in the story - so location scouts would be looking for a jungle-type location and beaches around the country.

The New York set for the last act of the movie would be shot in Wellington because filming in New York would be too expensive and too difficult to get the right 1930s look, Jackson added.

"We will build somewhere in the Wellington area. We'll just find some flat land and build a big back block set of New York streets and then use our computers to extend the buildings, make the streets longer and the buildings higher. It may just be a field somewhere on someone's farmland."

King Kong and all the dinosaurs will be computer-generated and as real as the wretched Gollum in "The Two Towers".

Entire article here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Given his past in making really bizarre, weird films, i'm expecting this movie to be hilarious. i can't wait.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls