Best of the 10s (so far)

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 15, 2015, 12:24:19 PM

polkablues

A moment of silence for all the actors traumatized by Abdellatif Kechiche over the past decade.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jenkins

just want to say it's great that you want to make videos so you're making videos now

Alethia

Nice Drenk, really enjoyed the song choices! Especially the Master/Purple Mountains mash-up, that was great.

Robyn

the social network and the master was my favorite parts!

Drenk

Thanks! I included The Social Network mostly because I wanted to begin with Real!Zuckerberg, the fact that more time has passed since the release of the movie than between the creation of Facebook and the movie is kind of chilling. And that Purple Mountains song is a cathartic way to end the decade.

Another movie I'm thinking about a lot is The Handmaiden, which had the impact on me I was expecting from Parasite.
Ascension.

jenkins

putneyswipe

Been attempting a decade list, limited to one per filmmaker. This is around 20

All watched over by machines of loving Grace
Carlos
Contagion 
Dave Chappelle: The Bird Revelation
Exit Through the Gift Shop
Greenberg
Inception
Knight of Cups
Leviathan
Maps to the Stars   
Pasolini
Shoplifters
Tangerine
The Comedy
The Master
Shame
Under the Skin
Uncut Gems

jenkins

WorldForgot

Kogonada's Columbus iz so dope. Jarmusch fanz need to tune in.

jenkins

Turbo Kid is extremely worth it and behind my back this whole while deadpan humor has been thriving

I'm not sure how in the hell I haven't heard about Brigsby Bear but perhaps this was the best way for it to arrive to me. letterboxd is already in on this, that's where I learned about it in fact, although it's obvious too: you get Christopher Miller and Phil Lord as producers, the lead is an SNL person, Andy Samberg is in it too, a fake mother is Jane Adams, a fake father is Mark Hamill, and a real father is Matt Walsh. I mean you get what you would expect from these ingredients

it kills it. it's Clifford today. I can't fully explain Brigsby Bear without going on-and-on but basically it kills it