David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

Ghostboy

It used to be your avatar.

Ernie

Quote from: GhostboyIt used to be your avatar.

Was it? The one where they're hugging? Oh, that's cool. That hug is cool. I didn't notice they were in a bowling alley, it was a really small little picture.

Duck Sauce

Well I just saw All the Real Girls and was very impressed and ebeaman, you will not under any circumstances be let down, in fact you will be more impressed thatn you expected to be. Let me start off the non spoiling part by telling how funny it was. I didnt expec to laugh that much. But the whole movie is very well done, the characters are likeable, the plot and acting is much stronger than George Washington and I dont think I have ever been so emotionally effected by a movie ever, and I dont ever say shit like that. It is the type of movie that makes you smile and makes you miss your ex-girlfriend... It is just amazing. I know the attraction to Zooey Deschanel because she seems so normal, like one of the girls who hung out with the hot girls in highschool. Paul Schneider, who looks like a mix between Doug Flutie and Peja Stojacovic was really, really good and is very very likeable. Sorry how bad this is written, Im really tired and couldnt wait to get home to talk about this movie..... more later....

SPOLIERS

God, this movie was terrific, it really connected with me. Like when we find out Noel fucked that guy at the party. It was so real like when your girlfriend tells you that, it is exactly like Paul describes it, its like you are talking to a stranger, its like you dont know that person at all. Another thing I liked was in the end when his mom is lecturing him and talking about how beautiful she used to be, he just sits there with his eyes closed like he doesnt want to have to experience this and see his mom this way, Ive done that tons of times. Lastly, for all that saw it, what is the connection between his bandage on his hand in the begining and him punching the window and cutting it in the end?

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceWell I just saw All the Real Girls and was very impressed and ebeaman, you will not under any circumstances be let down, in fact you will be more impressed thatn you expected to be. Let me start off the non spoiling part by telling how funny it was. I didnt expec to laugh that much. But the whole movie is very well done, the characters are likeable, the plot and acting is much stronger than George Washington and I dont think I have ever been so emotionally effected by a movie ever, and I dont ever say shit like that. It is the type of movie that makes you smile and makes you miss your ex-girlfriend... It is just amazing. I know the attraction to Zooey Deschanel because she seems so normal, like one of the girls who hung out with the hot girls in highschool. Paul Schneider, who looks like a mix between Doug Flutie and Peja Stojacovic was really, really good and is very very likeable. Sorry how bad this is written, Im really tired and couldnt wait to get home to talk about this movie..... more later....

SPOLIERS

God, this movie was terrific, it really connected with me. Like when we find out Noel fucked that guy at the party. It was so real like when your girlfriend tells you that, it is exactly like Paul describes it, its like you are talking to a stranger, its like you dont know that person at all. Another thing I liked was in the end when his mom is lecturing him and talking about how beautiful she used to be, he just sits there with his eyes closed like he doesnt want to have to experience this and see his mom this way, Ive done that tons of times. Lastly, for all that saw it, what is the connection between his bandage on his hand in the begining and him punching the window and cutting it in the end?

Oh my god...thank you so much man. Thank you. This is so great...I mean, I don't know how to thank you. You did the impossible...you made me want to see this movie even more. Thank you! I'm printing this out now and putting it right next to Todd Parker's immortal PDL story on my nightstand. I really do appreciate these things that I ask for, seriously. You have no idea how badly I want to read the spoilers part. By the way, what you said about Zooey (hangs out w/ hot girls @ school part)...that's it...that is the attraction. You have discovered it. I'm going to write that down for in this nerdy little notebook I have for ideas for the movies I want to make...cause that's just a fucking amazing character. Seriously though, I just woke up and I'm fucking ecstatic man. I hope you read this and know how much I appreciate this. I'll PM it to you if you don't reply. Cause, you know...you didn't have to do it but you did.

It's emotional!?

It's funny too!?

Likable characters!?

Better than I think!?

Will make me want to get a girlfriend (don't have an ex)?

Man, thanks again. Don't yell at me for thanking you this time...don't tell me "I can wax my own car" or whatever, alright man. Just accept my thankfulness...it's so sincere you can't even imagine.

Duck Sauce

Now that I have slept on it, I just cant get over this movie. I dont know why, it was just beautiful. I would recommend traveling somewhere to go see it beaman...

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceNow that I have slept on it, I just cant get over this movie. I dont know why, it was just beautiful. I would recommend traveling somewhere to go see it beaman...

Oh man, don't say that! I want to see it SOOOO fucking badly now...it feels like PDL all over again, seriously. I wonder if it's playing in Toronto, I may very well be there in two weeks. It's my only chance, my mom will make wait till April 4th if I don't see it then. She thinks my constant waiting will make the anticipation grow stronger...and she's right...but I'm not sure the anticipation can grow any stronger. It's so fucking high right now...it's hit PDL levels...which is completely insane. You would think she would give in after while...but to no avail.

EDIT - I just checked the official website and it doesn't have any listings at all for Toronto yet....it's not playing anywhere near me till March 28th in Buffalo and Ithaca. I guess I'm going to have to fucking wait till April 4th like I thought I would have to. Oh well, it's not much more than a month away now.

Where did you see it anyway Duck Sauce? Did you travel far? Also, one more question...do you think All the Real Girls will be on your top 10 list of 2003?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69
Where did you see it anyway Duck Sauce? Did you travel far? Also, one more question...do you think All the Real Girls will be on your top 10 list of 2003?

Berkeley
No
Yes

BonBon85

imdb has A Confederacy of Dunces page started. Looks promising, as it's written by Soderbergh. It's supposed to be shot in New Orleans this spring. Only thing that worries me a little that the only actor attached so far is Drew Barrymore.

Gonna see All the Real Girls tomorrow! In the words of Duck Sauce, in your face ebeaman!

Ernie

Quote from: BonBon85imdb has A Confederacy of Dunces page started. Looks promising, as it's written by Soderbergh. It's supposed to be shot in New Orleans this spring. Only thing that worries me a little that the only actor attached so far is Drew Barrymore.

Gonna see All the Real Girls tomorrow! In the words of Duck Sauce, in your face ebeaman!

You must post a review if you say that...that's the rule...it's only fair.

No, you don't have to if you don't want to,you don't have to...but I would love it if you did of course. I really would. If you do, try to make it like Duck Sauce did...without the spoilers or any of that. Thanks for the Confederacy of Dunces update by the way.

moonshiner

how do you figure would be the easiest way for me to get my hands on a copy of George Washington without spending 35 dollars for the Criterion dvd. I'm from upstate NY, i don't know if that fills you in enough on my problem. "Can you lend a complete stranger 3000 dollars cause that's my trouble?"
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Ernie

Quote from: moonshinerhow do you figure would be the easiest way for me to get my hands on a copy of George Washington without spending 35 dollars for the Criterion dvd. I'm from upstate NY, i don't know if that fills you in enough on my problem. "Can you lend a complete stranger 3000 dollars cause that's my trouble?"

I know what it's like man, I am a fellow upstate new yorker...but not for long...I'm moving the fuck out of here as soon as I get out of high school....fucking california, some nice weather for a change.  8)

Anyway, I got my copy off from barnes and noble...I don't think I spent too much on it, maybe 30 dollars. It's not that bad at all for such a life affirming film, it's fucking pennies. If you want it for less than that, I'd try ebay...I know their selling a few on there. Good luck.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69

I know what it's like man, I am a fellow upstate new yorker...but not for long...I'm moving the fuck out of here as soon as I get out of high school....fucking california, some nice weather for a change.  8)

Anyway, I got my copy off from barnes and noble...I don't think I spent too much on it, maybe 30 dollars. It's not that bad at all for such a life affirming film, it's fucking pennies. If you want it for less than that, I'd try ebay...I know their selling a few on there. Good luck.

Wait, werent you the one on the PTA board saying how your dream was to move to SF Valley even though youve never been there?

I was looking to get GW after I saw ATRG, hopefully used.

moonshiner

the trouble is i've never seen GW....i doubt i'll find it in any local video stores, i never can trust Blockbuster, why does everything around here have to be the fucking miniature version? damn it!

i really want to see it though, sounds like my kind of movie...a little skeptical about the non-professional actors thing...thus, not sure if i want to spend 30 plus dollars just to see it.

All the Real Girls i also badly want to see, saw some preview on Sundance and really looking forward to seeing it, of course, waiting for the DVD release.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Duck Sauce

Quote from: moonshinerthe trouble is i've never seen GW....i doubt i'll find it in any local video stores, i never can trust Blockbuster, why does everything around here have to be the fucking miniature version? damn it!

i really want to see it though, sounds like my kind of movie...a little skeptical about the non-professional actors thing...thus, not sure if i want to spend 30 plus dollars just to see it.

All the Real Girls i also badly want to see, saw some preview on Sundance and really looking forward to seeing it, of course, waiting for the DVD release.

You should get on Netflix

Ghostboy

Shiri Appleby (of Swimfan and TV's Roswell fame) has joined the cast of The Undertow. Always nice to see WB kids branching out...