Questions for PTA

Started by depooter, October 30, 2003, 06:04:07 PM

Slick Shoes

clockworkjj--good question. i've wondered about this before. cuz pa work is all fine and good but its hard to make a living at it. course you could have another job to pay the bills on the side, but what employer would give you a month off to go work on a gameshow? yes, personal situation, i like that...

real poser--that's speculation. just cuz his pops was on tv doesn't make him rich.

my question: do you watch movies while shooting?

Alethia

why didn't you shave your head during the magnolia shoot?

SoNowThen

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Quote from: SoNowThenplease get Tichner back to edit your next film
What, do you think Leslie Jones did a shitty job or something?  Explain.

No, but I prefer Tichner's stuff.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

depooter

PTA and I had this conversation before (plus I've read some stuff somewhere). Not only did he have some $$ from a trust fund of sorts, but he was working a few different jobs, I believed he still lived at home and had a gfriend that helped....

kotte

Quote from: depooterPTA and I had this conversation before (plus I've read some stuff somewhere). Not only did he have some $$ from a trust fund of sorts, but he was working a few different jobs, I believed he still lived at home and had a gfriend that helped....

some people are lucky...

man, a good trust fund and a hot rich girlfriend wouldn't be out of it's place right now.

modage

Quote from: taz.when i asked it at bam.

i saw you! 8)

also: this is what i get for not visiting the pta forum anymore. i miss out on the q&a. :(
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.