3. uncut gems
4. once upon a time... in hollywood
5. transit
6. *TIE* high life & ad astra
7. marriage story
8. peterloo
9. a beautiful day in the neighborhood
10. the beach bum

honorable mention: honeyland, ash is purest white, homecoming: a film by beyonce, deadwood: the movie, parasite, her smell, hotel by the river, the lighthouse, leaving neverland, 6 underground, hobbs & shaw

worst: velvet buzzsaw

Alethia

jenkins

it's meant to be more adorable than harsh, while still he does have a similar dismissive attitude that lacks self-awareness, and in terms of global cinema how the fuck did he only think of white people shit

jenkins

AV Club pick their favorite scenes and it helps me with movies i haven't seen

jenkins

The 25 Best Films Of 2019 You Didn't See
The Playlist

1. "Long Day's Journey Into Night"
Drift off to a land where your memories can cast a spell on themselves. Bi Gan's sophomore feature is a cinematic mic drop from an aesthetic magician that blurs the lines between the art of film, the act of dreaming, and how such imaginings inform the stories we tell ourselves as we walk down our singular path. A Haruki Murakami-like feverish trance of swirling melancholy, cavernous wonderlands, and eternal longing, "Long Day's Journey Into Night" follows a man who long ago fell into a world of crime, now chasing after the memory of a woman (Tang Wei) he once loved, who disappeared from his life, like so many others before her. Through reflective narration, weary detective work and symbolic visuals, fragments of the history of their fractured relationship are interspersed with our lonely lead's fruitless search for his lost love. The, now famous, final shot of the film is an almost hour-long, unbroken 3-D take that transports the viewer across chasms of his unconscious, the camera gliding above broken allegories of an undead past and into a traumatic valley of deep-seated memories. "Long Day's Journey Into Night" uses the pure expressive power of cinema — light, color, shadow, and music — to examine the maze of myths and desires we create out of what we alone see when the lights go dark. Say the spell. Spin the house.

putneyswipe

based on us theatrical release

Best:

An Elephant Sitting Still
Chained for Life
Once upon a time in Hollywood
Parasite
Sunset
The Irishman
Uncut Gems
Under the Silver Lake

Honorable:

Diamantino
Luce
Midsommar

Something Spanish

I still have not seen Uncut Gems, 1917, Waves, Portrait of a Woman on Fire, Long Day's Journey...,, but have seen most of the other major word of mouth flicks. This is what I got...

1. Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood
2. The Irishman
3. Under the Silver Lake
4. Little Women
5. The Lighthouse
6. Midsommar
7. Ad Astra
8. A Hidden Life
9. The Nightingale
10. Her Smell

and 13 more I really, really liked...

Parasite, Atlantics, Ash Is Purest White, Queen and Slim, Joker, Doctor Sleep, The Beach Bum, Booksmart, Transit
Us, Peterloo, Toy Story 4, Knives Out,

jenkins

Something Spanish

jenkins

we solid i mean you solid it's an outside observation that's funny if you look at it like that

Something Spanish

I swear I knew I would get a response like that when devising the list, but any other order or titles would be untruthful, it is super white and male, I know. but thos remaining 13 somewhat redeem the list.

Jeremy Blackman

1. Midsommar (Director's Cut)
2. Knives Out
3. Little Women
4. Jojo Rabbit
5. Us
6. 1917
7. Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood
8. Leaving Neverland
9. Uncut Gems
10. The Lighthouse

Honorables: The Irishman