TOP TEN 2002

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 08, 2003, 10:28:50 PM

Cecil

Quote from: Phil Marloweminority report is cuely neglected on theese lists.

good

phil marlowe

Quote from: cecil b. dementedgood
no.

Ernie

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Quote from: cecil b. dementedgood
no.

I included it without hesitation...it's definitely the best recent Spielberg movie...little bit better than CMIYC.

Gold Trumpet

I put City of God as one of the best movies ever made imo, but I am putting it for 2003. With my seeing it only recently and the feeling the tide of what to see in 2002 gone, I feel it can get a lot of better notice in 2003 mentions.

Actually, one movie that I recently saw and loved to death and will be on my final top ten list very likely is Brian De Palma's Femme Fatale. I thought it was one of his best movies yet, and like usual, De Palma is one of the very few directors who have a pure mastery of directing a subject with an understanding. But it never really operated as just a thriller of his that gets mention as being comparative to Hitchcock. There is a great ambiguilty in the film to what some characters really actually mean and who they are, or more importantly, who they could be. Spirited Away was the very best movie at playing with identities in it that was never meant to explaining but really just enticing to the possibilities of what they could mean.  With Femme Fatale, I remember hearing so much of the negative on it when it was released and it is nowhere on any of these lists in this post, but I found it to be amazing.

~rougerum

phil marlowe

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetimo

wow.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinI'm still living in the 80's.  :yabbse-undecided:

Couldn't you pick a better decade?  :roll:

Sigur Rós

Talking about the 80's! Why doesn't anyone make a film about the russian rock-band Gorky Park! And by the way the 80's aint over baby!

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Sigur RósTalking about the 80's! Why doesn't anyone make a film about the russian rock-band Gorky Park! And by the way the 80's aint over baby!

Im a fan of the late 80s-early 90s myself

The Silver Bullet

Having not seen many of the films [some ned to still be released here in Australia, and others I won't be able to see until they get to me on DVD] my list is bound to change shortly:

01. About Schmidt
02. Chicago
03. Gangs Of New York
04. Bowling For Columbine
05. Adaptation

I will finish my top ten when I have seen a whole heap more [The Hours, Far From Heaven, The Quiet American, The Pianist and Punch-Drunk Love].
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pedro

1. The Pianist
2. Punch-Drunk Love
3. Adaptation
4. The Hours.
5. Bowling for Columbine
6. Y Tu Mama Tambien
7. The Quiet American
8. About Schmidt

can't come up with anymore....I guess i Didn't see too much.

MacGuffin

1.) Y Tu Mama Tambien
2.) Far From Heaven (hurry Tuesday, can't for the DVD)
3.) The Pianist
4.) 25th Hour
5.) Catch Me If You Can
6.) Solaris
7.) Adaptation.
8.) 13 Conversations About One Thing
9.) Bowling For Columbine
10.) Punch-Drunk Love

Honorable mentions:
About Schmidt
Changing Lanes
One Hour Photo
Unfaithful
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

EL__SCORCHO

Top Ten Films (2002)-

25th Hour
About Schmidt
Bowling for Columbine
The Pianist
Punch-Drunk Love
Talk to Her
Y Tu Mama Tambien

hmmm need 3 more but can't think of anymore I'd like to add.

©brad

hmm... can't rank them, but here's my favorite 10 movies of the year.

Far from Heaven
Talk to Her
The Pianist
The Lord of the Rings- The Two towers
The 25th Hour
Adaptation
The Punch-Drunk movie
Solaris
Lost in La Mancha
Bowling for Columbine

movie I really want to see but can't because stupid odeon theater won't release it anywhere near me: City of God

Pwaybloe

Quote from: cbrad4d...movie I really want to see but can't because stupid odeon theater won't release it anywhere near me: City of God

You will love it.  No doubts.  You can quote me on that.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Sigur RósWhy doesn't anyone make a film about the russian rock-band Gorky Park!
HELL NO!

Ok, sorry! I was in a weird place when I wrote that!

Bang say da da da! Tell me yes and let's feed the fire!......"stop it! stop it!""