Stefen

Red Dead
Mass Effect 2
Heavy Rain
NBA 2K11
Alan Wake

Wildcard
EA Sports: MMA.

The game I played the most this year was the EA MMA game, so I had to put it on the list even though it's not one of the best games. Red Dead and its atmosphere were amazing and Mass Effect 2 was so much fun. The story, the choices, the shooting, it was just so much fun and I had to put Heavy Rain on here simply for what it was trying and actually accomplished. NBA 2K11 is the greatest sports game of all-time. OF ALL-TIME! And Alan Wake was a lot of fun, but too short.

Most overrated
Halo: Reach - more of the same. bleh, no thanks.
Call of Duty: Black Ops. THE SAME. NO THANKS!

Most disappointing
Fallout: New Vegas - Fallout 3 was my favorite game of 2008. I put in over 80 hours in it, but this one is just boring.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

whooo's excited for next tues?

ps3 moove finally becomes relevant

polkablues

I'm very much looking forward to LBP2, but you know that the main game doesn't actually use the Move controller at all, right?  There's like a separate mini-game that does, but that's it.  The Move is still a ways away from relevance.
My house, my rules, my coffee

mogwai

1. Battlefield Bad Company 2, best game online too.
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Angry Birds

Im anemone77 over at Playstation network, feel free to add me.

cinemanarchist

Is anyone planning on picking up DC Universe Online? Very excited for the possibilities on this.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Pozer

Quote from: polkablues on January 11, 2011, 11:03:58 PM
I'm very much looking forward to LBP2, but you know that the main game doesn't actually use the Move controller at all, right?  There's like a separate mini-game that does, but that's it.  The Move is still a ways away from relevance.

wasnt aware of that, no. i was confused how a game like this would work with it anyhow. still hyped. lbp one of the funnest games evs in my book. me and the wiff looked forward to playing it every hour of every day. certain the sockquel will repeat this craving.

love the accuracy of the move it just desperately needs the games. 

polkablues

Yeah, I tried it out at Best Buy the other week and ended up spending fifteen minutes playing Frisbee Golf.  It's for sure my favorite of the motion controllers, but unless some game developer actually comes up with a damn good function for them, I still don't really see the point.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

it's fun for multiplaying (actual ppl in the same room multiplaying that how me do) like if you have a gathering or some such. disc golf def the best. but really got it for x-mas and it got kind of old by x-mas day's end. hoping for new stuff this year. you guys will have to keep me posted  :o

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen on January 11, 2011, 02:34:46 PM
Most disappointing
Fallout: New Vegas - Fallout 3 was my favorite game of 2008. I put in over 80 hours in it, but this one is just boring.

Heavy, heavy statement here.  I've only watched friends play a little and I just got this, so either I'll see what you mean or flat out disagree, but what's so boring about it?  Also, from what little I've seen, without even Whacky Wastelander on, there are tons of references to Fallout 2, so if you haven't played it, that could be why you liked it so little.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Quote from: ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ on January 13, 2011, 01:50:50 AM
Quote from: Stefen on January 11, 2011, 02:34:46 PM
Most disappointing

Heavy, heavy statement here.  I've only watched friends play a little and I just got this, so either I'll see what you mean or flat out disagree, but what's so boring about it?  Also, from what little I've seen, without even Whacky Wastelander on, there are tons of references to Fallout 2, so if you haven't played it, that could be why you liked it so little.

I put in about 10 hours and NOTHING HAPPENED. Maybe it was the way I made my character, I don't know, but the weapons weren't fun and the perks weren't either. I hated having to go back to places I had already been. I liked FO3 because I could keep exploring, but with New Vegas I had to keep back tracking the places I had already been which was the worst. I want to explore the map, that's the best thing about these games, not have to back track and spend time in places you have already been.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

You played a different game man, when and why did you backtrack? The exploration was way better than f3 with the faction things i hought

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I still haven't played it yet, but once I get back to my PS3 I will be able to assess what you mean... But watching friends play, I didn't notice much backtracking at all.  The map is huge and there are so many routes available, what was so limited for you?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I've begun New Vegas and decided to play through on Hardcore mode.  It's hard, but I'm totally loving every aspect of it.  You begin to take the game a lot more seriously than just "Lost health?  Sleep it off in a bed!"  And medicine being gradual, having to drink water... Damn, every single aspect of this is really incredible.

Pas

Anyone plays Civ 5?

What are good scenarios/mods for it? I heard the Spanish Civil War one is really good but I don't know much about that war so not the most exciting for me.

It's a pretty good game, I like it a lot. If there are players here we could make some kind of play-by-email game.

EDIT: FORGET IT, feature doesn't exist anymore. I guess Civ4 was better after all.