24!

Started by Gamblour., December 22, 2003, 11:01:32 PM

Kal

dude... 24 and Heroes are not more ridiculous than Lost or The Office, or watching Spider Man movies... its just entertainment. If I was looking for reality and everything making perfect sense, I would not look for it on TV (I cant even get things to make sense in my real life anyhow sometimes).

I work a lot, and I hardly get any sleep, so if watching Jack Bauer do some crazy shit for 45 minutes every week makes me clear my head at night, thats what I do.

Pubrick

yeah, i don't know what you're on about.

the joke was that you were watching two shows at the same time and that it qualified as too much tv.

but for the record i'm not one to talk.
under the paving stones.

Kal

thats the beauty of dvr and downloads :)

bonanzataz

what a blah season altogether. they really fucked this one up. let's hope when surnow says he's gonna totally revamp the series, it doesn't mean he's gonna add a bunch of characters nobody cares about and make jack a supporting player like they did this fucking season.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Kal

Compared to other seasons it sucked, but it had some good moments.

SPOILERS

The finale was like everything else very predictable. Some of the highlights:

- Buchanan coming to the rescue big time. Then shooting bad guys and piloting the helicopter. Good stuff. Also, why the hell does a 50+ year old married guy who works at CTU have a pick-up truck? No idea.

- Jack's daddy is alive and we all know it. We never saw his body, or him explode, and he was sitting there alive with a boat right next to him. Easy call. He also has the component, so I'm sure that will come back (or not).

- It bothered me not to see Kim, or any of the other characters whose status is now unknown: Charles Logan, Martha Logan and Aaron, President Palmer, etc.

- The final scene was excellent for me. After everything, it was too much for another cliffhanger or threat on Jacks life. I mean, the fucking guy hasnt slept on his bed or had a decent meal in like 2 years. Let him stare at the sunset for five minutes and think about his fucking life. We'll see where that brings us next season and the changes they will do to the show.

i wish they'd let me write the entire next season. that way, i'd watch the show again.
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

'24' crystal ball: Female president
Source: Hollywood Reporter

In what could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, producers on Fox's drama "24" are contemplating a female president on the show next season, sources said. The real-time drama's upcoming seventh season will coincide with the peak in the Democratic Party's presidential race that might see Hillary Clinton as the first woman nominated by a major political party for the top political office.

"24" has been popular among Washington's elite, and at TV Land's upfront presentation in May Clinton's husband, former president Bill Clinton, who has been involved in his wife's presidential campaign, listed "24" among his favorite shows "even though an uber-right-wing guy writes it." He was referring to "24" co-creator Joel Surnow, an outspoken Republican.

While "24" broke ground introducing the first black president on a TV series (Dennis Haysbert), the show would not be the first to have a female president. In the past few years, ABC's "Commander in Chief" and Fox's "Prison Break" both featured women in the Oval Office. Sources stressed that no final decision has been made on the role of the president next season and that the "24" creative team ultimately might opt to go in another direction.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

sources tell me that it's either gonna be karen hayes or some dumb bitch who can't make decisions for herself and is constantly fucking up jack's plans. or both.

either would be boring and predictable like all of last season. i hope i'm so wrong.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

sorry for the double post, but i relayed the rumor of a female president to my 24 watching buddy and he immediately came back with, "what if it was martha logan?!" the concept got me laughing pretty hard. if only...

Pedro

If Karen Hayes is president I quit 24.

Kal

I read that Peter McNiccol is not coming back... which sucks.

I have no idea who is back and who is not... but Karen Hayes would be terrible as President... I would love to have Buchanan back though

cine

the president should be jack bauer.

end of series.

grand theft sparrow

Ideally they would set next season after a nuke goes off that destroys most of the world's population.  Jack Bauer not only has to work to restore the government with himself as president but he must also fend off a group, led by Kim and the cougar, that is bent on terrorizing the remaining survivors.

Anything less ridiculous and I'm not going to bother to watch.

Kal

The real stupid fact at this point is that every season is like 1 or 2 years apart, or in some cases more. Considering that its been at least 10-12 years since Jack Bauer lost his wife... he also should be like 50+ and at the way technology is going things should be a little more advanced.

I mean, there are a lot of inconsistencies and shit that is wrong with the story and the show at this point...

The best thing they could do is have Season 7 be a prequel of Season 1. Bring EVERYBODY BACK. Nina, Terri, David Palmer, Tony, etc... Show some other aspect or some other story that was referred to us at some point before... Kim, which is much older to play her part, could be at summer camp or something. That would be actually awesome.

picolas

Quote from: kal on June 30, 2007, 03:23:31 PMThe best thing they could do is have Season 7 be a prequel of Season 1. Bring EVERYBODY BACK. Nina, Terri, David Palmer, Tony, etc... Show some other aspect or some other story that was referred to us at some point before... Kim, which is much older to play her part, could be at summer camp or something. That would be actually awesome.
OR take advantage of the name of the show and just have 24 hours of something else. do a film noir.