Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

HACKANUT

Anyone but you making this weird is a laughable thought.

Before you harped on and on it hadn't even occurred to me there was an age difference. It just came across as a fun 70s movie. Almost like the filmmaker knows what they're doing? Weird that you want to make a mountain out a molehill and we've only seen a trailer.

HACKANUT

I was asking a genuine question on what would be seen as a good poster. Really don't think I was aggressive about it.

EDIT: deleted your post?

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Drenk on October 21, 2021, 07:02:53 AM
She's either a high school student or grooming the kid, so.

So does it matter which one it is.

Drenk

Quote from: HACKANUT on October 21, 2021, 09:13:36 AM

EDIT: deleted your post?

I've deleted, yes.

I apologize to the Xixax regulars for derailing the thread, I should have bailed at the first signs of defensiveness instead of doubling down.
Ascension.

HACKANUT

Do you guys think this'll be a similar case to the trailers for The Master where a lot of shots/scenes featured in the trailers will be missing from the film?

I assume in the case of The Master they had plenty of time to try ideas on the day. Maybe that's not so with LP? I wonder how filming in the middle of COVID changed his shooting habits.

wilberfan

...screened for select critics and journalists last week. Word so far is positive.

Source

(Surprised this didn't ping on any of the radar screens at PTACC  (PTA Command Center))

Jeremy Blackman

jviness02

Quote from: pynchonikon on October 21, 2021, 07:00:26 AM
What we know about this movie is that a 29 y.o. woman is playing a character (of unknown age as far as we know right now) that is hanging around with high-schoolers and is flirting with a youngster played by a 17 y.o. lad. Everything else age-related are assumptions.
Shouldn't we keep this discussion for after we see the actual film and delve into its themes/context?

The persistence on this discourse is inexplicable at this point.

That's been my point.

Also, how often are 20 somethings playing high school kids? All the time. She's probably playing someone around his age.

wilberfan

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 21, 2021, 11:38:27 AM
A sobering reminder that worse posters exist

I don't know, I kinda like the font at the bottom, there.   :wink:

Pringle

Ryan Reynolds is a force of evil in modern film and entertainment

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Pringle on October 21, 2021, 12:14:52 PM
Ryan Reynolds is a force of evil in modern film and entertainment

But he references pop culture things so he funny no?

polkablues

I harbor no ill will toward the man, but he did peak in Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drill

Quote from: wilberfan on October 21, 2021, 10:15:18 AM
...screened for select critics and journalists last week. Word so far is positive.

Source

(Surprised this didn't ping on any of the radar screens at PTACC  (PTA Command Center))

It may have screened, but again, always take Clayton Davis with a giant grain of salt. I have no idea why Variety hired him.

Alethia

Quote from: polkablues on October 21, 2021, 01:30:01 PM
I harbor no ill will toward the man, but he did peak in Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place.

I found his turn in Adventureland quite affecting.

RudyBlatnoyd

Deadpool is a deeply irritating film, I know that much.