Pulp fiction vs. reservoir dogs...

Started by nevereven, April 02, 2003, 06:01:53 AM

cowboykurtis

Quote from: CinephileI fully agree with you on that. While I admired a lot from both RD and "Rushmore", I loved the next films a lot more. Now we just have to see if they'll one-up themselves again. I'm sure they will. (Tarantino did with JB but I'm sure he will up that with KB)

why do you think jackie brown is better than pulp fiction. id have to disagree.
...your excuses are your own...

cine

Sorry I shouldn't have said he made a better film in JB... because it isn't the better one.. what I meant was it wasn't a clunker of a picture or anything.. Tarantino 'did it again', so to speak.. it wasn't a movie where people felt "ah QT.. you dropped the ball"..

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

RegularKarate

Just to clear up this little discussion:

Rushmore is better than Royal T.
and Jackie Brown is Q.T.'s best as of yet.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: RegularKarateJust to clear up this little discussion:
...Jackie Brown is Q.T.'s best as of yet.

Yeah, I feel the same.  Tarantino just needed to slow down and do this movie... take his time with it.  

I don't know if Pulp Fiction just gained too much media and dorky fans, but it just lost interest with me.  Good movie when it came out, and I loved it, but I prefer the pacing better in Jackie Brown.  The characters and story drive the movie, not the witty dialogue.

phil marlowe

elmore leonard is the bomb. the world needs to see new leonard adaptations.

get shorty 2? i wouldnt mind.

MacGuffin

Reservoir Dogs, the Quentin Tarantino classic cult film, is being adapted into an explosive action packed console and PC game. Scheduled for release in 2006, Reservoir Dogs will bring gamers deep into the seedy underground world of crime they fell in love with when it was originally released as a feature film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Myxo

Quote from: phil marloweelmore leonard is the bomb. the world needs to see new leonard adaptations.

get shorty 2? i wouldnt mind.

..an English teacher that I had in college used to tell me that her colleagues read Elmore Leonard novels when they're "slummin it"..

ono

Fernando

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: RegularKarateJust to clear up this little discussion:

Jackie Brown is Q.T.'s best as of yet.

Woah, I'm surprised I missed this statement. Care to back up your opinion with a little thought?

Pubrick

that's nearly two years old.

just so u know, he's no longer legally obligated to reply.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Pubrickthat's nearly two years old.

just so u know, he's no longer legally obligated to reply.

I'm hoping he'll do me a favor. I have a feeling he still stands by what he said.