Where does the song "Wise Up" play in "Jerry

Started by Nicholas Vargo, March 07, 2004, 02:26:11 AM

Nicholas Vargo

I watched this movie hundreds of times, but i have never been able to find where the song "Wise Up" by Aimee Mann plays in the movie. The song is on the soundtrack album, but does anyone know where I can find the song in the movie?
I have so much strength in me, you have no idea.

MacGuffin

From ptanderson.com:

“Aimee Mann sang the song “Wise up” to me a few years ago. At the time, Cameron Crowe was to use it in his film Jerry Maguire (starring Tom Cruise). In the end, he called Aimee to say that the song didn’t fit with the overall mood of his film (the demo version that she had given him was sadder than the finished track).  But that he wanted to put the song on the soundtrack album anyway. When Aimee told me this, I remember thinking: “What an idiot! Why didn’t he use it?” I hadn’t even seen Jerry Maguire! That’s when I told Aimee: “One day, I’m going to use your song in one of my films!”

http://www.ptanderson.com/articlesandinterviews/studio.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Wesabeck

I've seen "Wise Up" play on the soundtrack during some cable tv showings of the film.  They play it after Jerry and Dorothy momentarily break up.  I have to say though, that the song has found a much more apporpriate home in Magnolia.
Good looking people have no spine.

cine

Wesabeck

New? I joined the same day as you buddy. I just rarely rarely RARELY post.  I spend most of my time just reading, but I 'll be sure to get an avatar when I feel like it... which is probably soon.
Good looking people have no spine.