David Lowery

Started by Robyn, January 26, 2013, 06:00:07 PM

Drenk

Damn. I read the headline earlier and forgot to connect the movie to Lowery.
Ascension.

jenkins

Sailor Bear is the production company for Miss Juneteenth. Lowery is listed as an executive producer in other words. just a note

tpfkabi

I was watching an Imogen Poots interview from earlier this year, and she mentioned David as someone she would like to work with (after the 12 min mark).  So, if you (no idea if David will see this or not - or care - ha) have a part you think she would be good for, she would most likely be game if she's free.

Sorry, I don't remember which button makes the actual video appear in the post.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: tpfkabi on July 26, 2020, 04:18:58 PMSorry, I don't remember which button makes the actual video appear in the post.

Fixed it. You just post the link without any tags.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

jenkins

nothing further back than 1966, i mean really. it's a scattershot list that doesn't express a clear perspective and i'd like to imagine he wrote it in a rush

jenkins

Tinkerbell

Jude Law is supposedly definitely Captain Hook but i don't know if that's truly definite

the movie title Peter Pan and Wendy is taken from the abridged novelization of the original play

Drenk

Quote from: Drenk on July 08, 2020, 02:05:06 PM
Damn. I read the headline earlier and forgot to connect the movie to Lowery.

Same thing happened with the casting of Tinkerbell.  :doh: I don't know why my brain refuses to acknowledge the existence of this Lowery movie. We get so many Disney news that I forget that I actually care about this particular movie.

The title also highlights the fact that Lowery wanted to focus on Wendy, which is a thing my brain does remember.
Ascension.

Drenk

Peter & Wendy has been rebranded as a Disney + original.

The Green Knight is still hangin’ in the air.

https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/1337186680869060608
Ascension.

Alethia

Drenk

Ascension.

Ravi

Webinar: From Script to Screen with Filmmaker David Lowery - Presented by Frame.io
SATURDAY MAY 15, 2021 11:00AM - 12:15PM (PDT)

David Lowery is an award-winning writer/director/editor and Sundance Institute Lab and Festival Alum with a body of work that ranges from indie films (AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS and A GHOST STORY) to Disney productions (PETE'S DRAGON and the upcoming PETER PAN AND WENDY) and the soon-to-be released THE GREEN KNIGHT for A24. Join us for a special session, moderated by Frame.io SVP of Innovation Michael Cioni, as David takes us from his early days as a young auteur to his present-day career as a director who juggles multiple films from across the globe. Learn what it means to create the film from script to screen, how he's able to remain Texas-based while collaborating internationally, and where he sees the future of filmmaking—and the role technology plays in it.

jenkins

he's in the mainframe

Shughes

jenkins

Oh wow

QuoteApichatpong Weerasethakul, David Lowery, Jafar Panahi, Laura Poitras, Dominga Sotomayor, Anthony Chen, and Malik Vitthal have contributed "personal segments" to the new secretly-shot new feature The Year Of The Everlasting Storm